Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Woot

Most annoying commercial ever?

Mr. Woot said:

gah i know its weird to post a reply in my own thread but..........those geico commercials have got to go

edit: also those damn anti drug commercials, they act like marijuana is the worst thing in the damn world..

Man those are the funniest. they are complete parody and free- association. you have to appreciate those.

That having been said, I only own a TV to watch movies and only use it for that and my GC, for the past 5 months. Though I sometimes watch TV at my dads, I'm better off without it.

The Geico commercials have to be amongst the best. They always made me laugh... even many times after I had already seen one. The gecko was funny the first time, but after the next 36 times it got stupid, I'd say Geico went into their dark era about this time. They sprung back out with those recent disguised commercials that kinda take after the terminex commercial with the cockroach on it.

Fun times. Parodies indeed.

Meh, some commercials really are hilarious though. I loved the one on mtv with the two thugged out white boys talking slang in sign language for a few minutes. Then after you're there like "what the fuck is this commercial for?" the "blame MTV" appears in the corner. Not a lot of stuff actually made me laugh as much as that did.

Hmm, I liked a few VW commercials like the Mr. Roboto one and the shopping cart thing, hell I'd probably be able to think of more but I haven't watched tv in a few days.

Oh god, and the 5th dentist commercials on tv that tried to justify why the 5th dentist was always the one with the different opinion. That's what originally inspired my new screen name.

I guess I should mention the already-mentioned-in-another-thread 3 Musketeers commercials. That and anything boasting the "coolness" of the following items:

- Condoms
- Acne medication
- Preppy hygeine (sp?) products such as AXE deordorant
- Clothing that's "in"

You get the idea.

To top off the list, I'll put down ANY public service announcements. Come on, people, are you that stupid or irresponsible to not know the truth about something, and not whatever certain interest groups or the government spews out at you on TV?

I should put down "professional cynic" next time someone asks me my occupation ;)

3 words: Sit n' Splash.

For those of you who don't know, it'sa commercial about some stupid children's toy which you sit on and turn some kond of wheel which spins you around and shoots out water or something like that. What sucks so bad about the commercial, however, is that throughout the entire thing, there's some guy singing a gay song in which he just says the words "Sit n' Splash" over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Whoever made that commercial needs to die.

While not entirely stupid, another rather odd commercial just came to mind this morning that I saw a few years ago. It was a Little Caesar's commercial, starting out with an extravagent description of all the ingredients along with fitting orchestral music. As the narrartor says something along the lines of, "...that will make you want to savor every bite...", it pictures this really fat guy sitting at a table picking up a really huge piece of pizza and looking at it as if he were holding the Holy Grail. Then, almost as soon as that cut came in, the music winds down abruptly, the narrator says, "That is, if you LIKE that sort of thing...", and as he's saying this the fat guy CRAMS the entire pice whole into his mouth. Then off to the side there's a girl shouting annoyingly, "DAD!"

Funky.

Heh there's this one commercial that has been coming on a lot recently and there's this chick (don't remember her name) singing all these lovey dovey love songs and she's got really big hair. What I don't like about this damned commercial is how fucking cheesy it is. At one point in the commercial this woman narrator comes on and starts talking about said singer's biography, which, accoring to the narrator in the background, "reads like a novel". Please. It embarrases me every time I see it.

Fredrik said:

Um yes. If you have a decent monitor, at least.

Yeah, maybe with a flatscreen. And if you're not running Windows. And you have a good soundcard/speakers.

Also, 90% of the time when I watch a DVD, it is with a group of people, and hardly any computer monitor is as big as a TV screen. Plus, everyone I know has their computers off in some dark corner of their house, and that's not really a good place to watch movies. I've watched many DVDs in my room with other people or by myself, and either way its a bit uncomfortable.

Piece_O_Mind said:

And besides, you can't access hidden menus and whatnot on a DVD-ROM now...can you?

Uhhh...yes you can. In fact I'll admit that it is a little easier.

It turns out that it's "Shizzle my nizzy" not nizzle in the original language it's from. Snoop Dog messed it up to rhyme.

Medicine commercals... you see someone out rock climbing it has nothing to do with the product and then the name of the medicine appears on the screen followed by a long list of sideeffects

Imp said:

Medicine commercals... you see someone out rock climbing it has nothing to do with the product and then the name of the medicine appears on the screen followed by a long list of sideeffects

Not to mention the fact that they never EVER say what it's used to treat. It's just 'ask your doctor if trimedirytraldexmextrine is right for you!'

Any Pepsi commercial. Words cannot express my hatred of pepsi commercials. They are so unrelentingly lame is hurts my mind.

Danarchy said:

Definately annoying. Especialy the part where it crashes Firebird.

Really? Didn't crash Firebird here. Oh well...another big fat reason it's annoying.

Psyonisis said:

Not to mention the fact that they never EVER say what it's used to treat. It's just 'ask your doctor if trimedirytraldexmextrine is right for you!'

asks doctor
Dr replies "sorry son, that's used to treat yeast infection"
me "but the comercial showed a guy mowing the lawn?"

i hate those penis pill adds, the ones that look like the commercials for "the sims"

Sephiroth said:

i hate those penis pill adds, the ones that look like the commercials for "the sims"

Oh god yes. Those are so retarded. My mom loves them for some reason. o_O

That MTV commercial I keep seeing on Spike TV is really bad too. Not that you can expect much from something made for MTV I guess.

GoldEyes said:

The new Quizno sub commericals. WTF are those things in the commerical!?!?!

Be warned..these things are annoying and scary...
http://qpon.quiznos.com/

they remind me of the flash videos from rathergood.com

particularly the 6th installment of the Blode series

I know, WHAT THE F**K is up with that Quiznoz commercial. Idunno about anyone else, but those freaky little roadkill things don't exactly wet the appetite.