Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

Teleporting Question!

In some wad files I have played, (Scythe comes to mind,) there are parts of the file when as soon as you get a key lots of enemies start teleporting around you. I don't know how to do that that. I've looked at the levels in DoomBuilder and there are groups of the enemies in rooms away from everything.

Please tell me how this works...

• make that room outside the map (preferably with the same sector number as a sector the player shot in, to wake up the monsters), palce the monsters in there
  • put a teleporter in there
  • put a door or a raised floor so that the monsters can't access the teleporter
  • put a small sector/lines around the key that trigger the door/raised floor in the monster room to raise/lower.
  • profit!

Me has another question. I'm using those teleportes quite often now, but I always need to link them with the real part of the map.

But I've seen many maps, in which those dummy sectors with monsters ready to be teleported, ara far away adn not connected. How is it, that those monsters can hear player shooting?

If the dummy sector is the same number sector as one in your general area, anything in that dummy sector will hear sounds as if they were standing nearby. For instance, you have two sectors: 0 and 1, and you make a dummy sector. Make all of the lines in the dummy sector reference sector 1, essentially making it an extention of the main sector 1 next to sector 0. The dummy sector will then take on the properties of the main sector (floor and ceiling height, light level, etc.), and if the monsters in the main sector wake up, they also wake up in the dummy sector.

boris said:

• make that room outside the map (preferably with the same sector number as a sector the player shot in, to wake up the monsters), palce the monsters in there
  • put a teleporter in there
  • put a door or a raised floor so that the monsters can't access the teleporter
  • put a small sector/lines around the key that trigger the door/raised floor in the monster room to raise/lower.
  • profit!

ya, thats how i make my monster teleport thing work....and i thought i had come up with something new! Bleh.... :P