Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smithy

Battlefield 1942 Rawks My Socks Off!

This game rawks so much! Anyone here play? If so, want to hook up sometime on irc and own ppl!? I idle in #demise on irc.gamesurge.net

Regards

It is a good game, but if you play as the Japanese and you're their commander, your troops tend to be very poor in battle.

Job said:

It is a good game, but if you play as the Japanese and you're their commander, your troops tend to be very poor in battle.

wtf are you talking about?

lots of bf1942 movies out, mostly 'fun' movies
this site has some good ones:
http://www.stuntfactory.org/stuntfactory_media_stuntfactory_movies.php

I really don't like the team FPS games nearly as much as the 'real' FPS games.
It's like the difference between basketball and golf; basketball is non-stop. If they score, so what, just get in there and try to score more than they do.
but a many hour game of golf can be made by one or two sequences that are cool... one awesome chip, an eagle putt, a 3 solid strokes on the same hole, a short fade on a soft dogleg, or 4 headshots in a row as a sniper a jeep ramming and a plane capture. Just a few good things can make you walk away happy.
It is a cool game, but for my tastes, you're too much one of the many instead of one of the few... or the one.

It's a cool game, yeah.
Just that most people don't use teamwork kind of blows the whole game.
Even if a team has the best players, they will still lose if they all do their own thing... for the most part.

Ya the public servers are teh suck. A clan mate and I can go in and totally change the tide of battle in a couple of min. Competitive play is extremly fun though. If you enjoy bf and want to join up with a serious team then check out the CAL/TWL forums and post that you are looking to join a team. Most clans have tryouts and you have to be exceptional in a particular area to be considered. Like I said before hit me up in #demise on irc.gamesurge.net to play. We also 2 dedicated servers (private/public) and a ts2 server that we can use.

Regards
d.Smithy

Proud member of the nations #1 battlefield clan (d.emise)