Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

Setplayerproperty

How do you alter thing health and the script compile in DB doesn't work?

Cyb said:

setactorproperty(tid, aprop_health, new_health);

I put in this:

SetActorProperty (46, APROP_Health, 2000);

Does that work? Because for some reason, it's not. Would you be willing to look at the wad?

Well, the script seems to be working well enough...it's just the health thing on tag 46 that gets me (but thanks for the offer!)...could I send you the map when I'm completely done with it and then you could look at [and possibly fix] the script? Thanks! :)

Job said:

I put in this:

Does that work? Because for some reason, it's not. Would you be willing to look at the wad?

make sure the actor has a tid of 46 (just a sanity check, but I still do dumb stuff like that myself sometimes), and uh if he starts with 2000 health then there obviously won't be any change... Add this script to your wad:

script 1 enter
{
   print(d:getactorproperty(46, aprop_health));
   delay(35);
   restart;
}
adjust the script number as needed, and you can use a hudmessage if you want, but it's not necessary, but keep track of the output of that before and after the monster gets his health changed (it will refresh every 1 second).

Job said:

I put in this:

What monster were you using it on? 2000 is twice the health of a baron - see Dehacked for all the monster healths.