Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Sir Robin Lives

I thought he might be dead, but apparently not. Sir Robin has updated his DooM Castle with a rather short explanation of his absence, plus three new reviews, including a review of Rip it, Tear it, Smash it by Chris Hansen.

Uh... FP!

Sir Robin's DooM Castle updated? That's unexpected! Not a bad thing, but it's been quite a while since the last time I saw that site updated.

Omg! Sir Robin updated his page! And, yeah, I also thought he had died... serious!
And about his review on that Planet Tee-Hoo-Cee wad, it seems he didn´t get the point of the map... heh!

Cacodreams said:

Omg! Sir Robin updated his page! And, yeah, I also thought he had died... serious!

Heh I presumed him imprisoned :P

Awesome. I was just thinking about his site the other day. Whaddya know? :)

Heh, nice to see positive feedback on my return :)

I knew most of you thought that I had given up on the site (or even died perhaps... you know I'll never stop DooMing ;) ).

SirRobin said:

Heh, nice to see positive feedback on my return :)

I knew most of you thought that I had given up on the site (or even died perhaps... you know I'll never stop DooMing ;) ).

Nice to see you're back. There's never too many Finnish doomers, and your site was propably the first Doom site I found on the net when I first started playing doom a few years back. I've always like your reviews and I really would like to see more of them!

DooMer 4ever said:
I've always like your reviews and I really would like to see more of them!

Definitely. They're short, sweet, and to the point. It's a tricky skill to master.

However I respect the wish of the author and have thus removed review of level named "Forest Base" from my pages.

Forest Base? By Mantra?

Hyena said:

Forest Base? By Mantra?

Here it is. Looks like a very positive review to me. I think I'll play it now. :)

I was correct. Hell Knight = Mantra. It was his first wad. (Back in the day he had me play it. I recorded a demo of it, but I'm 100% positive I don't still have it.)
A good first wad, but he has a tendency to put his old wads behind him and wish they never existed.

Any more mapping in Sir Robin's future? I always dug the Base DM series..

Ed said:

Any more mapping in Sir Robin's future? I always dug the Base DM series..

Yes, I've been fiddling with Yadex (as I'm a linux user nowdays - personally I would prefer DETH, but there is no *nix port of it) and most certainly there will be levels out from me :)

SirRobin said:

Yes, I've been fiddling with Yadex (as I'm a linux user nowdays - personally I would prefer DETH, but there is no *nix port of it) and most certainly there will be levels out from me :)

Nice to see you're active again, which distro do you use btw

Coldfusio said:

Nice to see you're active again, which distro do you use btw

RedHat 7.1... Yes, it's old and I'm planning on updating (and changing to Fedora or Gentoo) when I get some money to buy a new HD.