Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
crumpled_walrus

inability to download

i decided to get doom going again after i stopped about a year ago when i changed computers. however, i have been completly unable to download anything from ugo (where doomworld files are hosted) or from cdrom's ftp. cdrom in fact barely works (i can't get into any folder past the venerable pub)

am i alone in this? what's going on?

cdrom.com has (hopefully temporarily) removed its idgames directory because it doesnt make any money for them. Doomworlds downloads are hosted on 3ddownloads which is shite.

yeah i sorta assumed the latter (all big download sites suck), although the news on cdrom is too bad. I JUST WANTED TO PLAY SOME WOLFENDOOM! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK INTERNET? ahhh things never work when you want them too. oh well. thanks for the info.

yeah i sorta assumed the latter (all big download sites suck), although the news on cdrom is too bad. I JUST WANTED TO PLAY SOME WOLFENDOOM! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK INTERNET? ahhh things never work when you want them too. oh well. thanks for the info.

Well those versions of the WolfenDOOM Episodes on ftp.cdrom.com do have sound errors in them (Like when they play slow)

You should get the ones from 3ddownloads

i have wolfendoom on my site.

also, when i get another hd, i'll be putting up my ftp.cdrom.com files. unfortunately they're 1/2 a year old.

oh you think you have it bad? I just had to reinstall every fucking program on the pc, re download latest drivers for my voodoo card, which with this modem takes about 2 hours, can't access my god damn email, can't play jdoom, zdoom, or anything else, and I have to wait untill I get win2k cuz I'm straight up fed up with this bullshit. And you know why all of this has happened? cuz I wanted to download 1 god damn song. 3rd time in the passed couple months this has happened to me.

ahhh things never work when you want them too.

Translate it retard.

Quote what they are actually saying and don't make it like they said something else, like what was said in what you quoted.

wtf are you talking about? I said it exactly the way it should sound.

Well the fact that it was directed to bigbadgangsta.

He wants me? No way ralphis! I dont swing that way.

quote frenzy!
anyway, cacodemonleader: 3ddownloads was the first place i tried, but its soooo slow to the point where i never even get a chance to begin downloading. but i'm going to keep trying until i get it.

and elbryan42: thanks, but i was looking for the rheinhart and artic scenarios. those were really cool.

orion: man, that must suck. what song was it?

i have wolfendoom on my site.

/me bows down to elbryan (Thanks!)

P.S. I just waited in line for 1 1/2 hours to download the half-life patch...fileplanet was the only f***ing site that had it! Damn them....