Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Point of No Return released

There's a good handful of threads about the wad formerly known as Alpha Outpost which is now renamed and finished (as much as it'll ever be, heh). You can download it here if you want to try it before this week's /newstuff, which it should be uploaded in time for.

Grazza, I first tried emailing it to Ty (who wasn't too keen on that) like in the old days, but that didn't work. So Use3D walked me through using the ftp client...but I can't get it to work, even though I'm doing it properly...So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as uploading it goes. And it's upsetting because I was really hoping I could get it reviewed this week.

Not going to say to much about the level, only that it really kicked ass... I LOVED the ending, now thats the way to end a level.

GREAT level Job...

Job: I've PMed you about this.

BTW, you are trying to upload to the correct directory, right? (i.e. the /incoming directory that I linked to above).

I first log in as anonymous. Then I try to type my email address, which doesn't seem to work. Then I continue by typing "cd pub", then "cd idgames", at which point I'm booted from the connection.

Grazza: I replied to your PM

Okay, I'll use a client for next time, but if you're still willing to upload for me, I'd appreciate it a lot.

EDIT: ragnew, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you liked the map. :)

Isn't that because there's an mp3 inside :P I don't think you would get a review anyway...

Well, Ty has accepted it (it's in /newstuff now), so it will get reviewed.

Maybe the "no mp3" policy isn't quite so strict as the rules suggest - more like "we reserve the right to nuke uploads if they contain excessively large mp3s".

It seems like the rules for the archive have been updated this very day.

It now says...

4. Do not embed commercial MP3s as music in WADs. If you have made your own music as an MP3, or I can verify that you had it made especially for you by one of the folks in the community, I'll accept it as part of your wad.

Edit: I'm not sure why only MP3s are mentioned though. Didn't somebody include commercial music in a wad a while back but just in a different music format ?

I imagine that mp3s are specifically mentioned since the rules used to prohibit them in all cases.

The need to obtain permission if you use anyone else's copyright material is still covered by the blanket instruction: "you need to obtain permission from anyone whose works you use in your uploads if it's not all original work".

Anyway, this change in the rules makes a lot of sense.

*OMG "4000th" POST*

You uploaded on a saturday? That's cruel. I wouldn't expect a review this week, but it's possible.