Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

online players in zdaemon

i was wondering if this was just me or everybody: when i go on zdaemon there are about 100-200 servers, but only a few have actual people playing(around 20 spread in different servers). most of them are empty, or filled with bots. is there something wrong, or is it because there aren't many regular online Doomer's?

depends what time of day you go on. check a few times and you'll find something you like. You can always try going into a server you like by yourself and just waiting for someone to show up.

To be honest there are too many servers, so that's why it looks rather empty.

Usually there are lots of people waiting to join gameswith fewer people, so sometimes it's a good idea to join a game with no one in it. There may have been like one occasion where I waited 20 minutes for someone to join, but that was all.

Remember, someone has to join the game before others join, otherwise you'd all sit at your computer staring at the empty game lists. :)

[color=yellow]Like Rellik said, it all depends on the time of day. I went on at 10:00am- few people on and 1 bot. 2:00am-More people on and 5 bots 7:00pm- lots of people on and 3 bots. 2:00am- Many people on and bots are refreshed off the server. All these time are in EST. It all depends when your on and how many people feel lke playing that day.[/color]

[color=blue]For me,[/color] I go on on the weekends 1:00am(13:00am) to 2:00am-4:00am in EST. But, Im not in a game all the time and it depends whats on my scedule for the day. Dinner and lunch comes in too. Also some clubs I am in and after school things.
For schhol- 6:00pm-9:00am or 5:00pm to 1200pm. It depends whats happening the next day or what things I have to do on that day.

[color=red]Bots-[/color] Some bots disappear after awhile but, some bots can stay after 6 months or so. So, youll never know.

The last thing I want to see when entering an online game is a bot. I don't need broadband for that.

That chaps my ass in Q3. Wait forever for the serverlist to get 1000 servers or so, join in just to find bots not humans, then exit to look for a game with humans and wait for the serverlist to load up again...

Rellik said:

That chaps my ass in Q3. Wait forever for the serverlist to get 1000 servers or so, join in just to find bots not humans, then exit to look for a game with humans and wait for the serverlist to load up again...

I can relate when I used to have internet access.

Skeletor said:

i was wondering if this was just me or everybody: when i go on zdaemon there are about 100-200 servers

Not that it matters but theres only like 118 servers. But like Earthquake said, theres to many servers so that why it looks empty.

Twiztid said:

Not that it matters but theres only like 118 servers. But like Earthquake said, theres to many servers so that why it looks empty.

Newsflash. 118 is between 100 and 200 :P