Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
READ THE FAQ

WADs on QE

i'm just asking becasue ....all these new ports are very nice (jdoom, vavoom..ect) that allow the md2 or "quake look" to doom, hexen, heretic...but i am on a slow machine...and i vcertainly know i am not the only one...because i can run quake on opengl, and d3d, and it runs just fine and dandy..though when i use jdoom..my fps is like...-500 which isn't good, and i figured, why not just convert the wad over to a quake engine format also?...it would make the visuals MUCH better to handle IMO and i can clearly see that everyhitng else is getting a "...quake style look..."why not just try for the whole thing instead of just the grafix?

edit: it would certainyl be a neat project...

no, it's not possible.
turn down some of your graphics settings or use a faster(more optimized) source port to play with.
I hope you can find a happy medium.

no no no...i can play just fine with vavoom...i was just wondering what it woudl be like to play doom useing quake engine...i doubt it is TOTALY impossiable...thought i wouldn't want to be the one that basicly redesignes every level from wad to...bps (i think that is the file type)..i just think it would be intresting to see....or better yet...doom on the unreal engine..LOL

Crono said:
the level sounds good...but where do i download it from?..other than france.

There are other mirrors. Try Indiana, Sweden, Finland or Australia.

What have you got against France!?

sry...i was thinking that the luangauge would be in french..and then..i got lost and forgot why i was there...untill i had closed the page ansd...i don't know...lol

Crono said:

well..how?..i tried the -file thing btu it don;'t work

AHHHHH!!!!

I have found a very easy way to open WAD files with ZDOOM. There is a little complication, in that you have to 'set up' a few things, but you only need to do this set of instcutions once, and after that, all you will have to do is double click the WAD and it will open in ZDoom.

Right click the wad file and select "Open with..." and then "Choose Program..." When the list of programs comes up, click "Other....". Find and double click the ZDOOM program in the file dialog box, and then select ZDOOM from the list and press "OK"

Now the neat thing about this is from then on, whenever you want to play a WAD file, all you have to do is double click it. Simple.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you have to check "Always use this program" in the dialog box in order for it to associate ZDoom with WAD files.