Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Lava Arena Released

ShadowRunner said:

that was secretly undercoveriling done

The English major in me can't decide whether to laugh, cry, or search you out and stab you in the fucking face with a power drill.

Ubik said:

The English major in me can't decide whether to laugh, cry, or search you out and stab you in the fucking face with a power drill.

Hehe, seconded.

ShadowRunner said:

haha,did u at least try the level though?

Nice, intelligent, well thought out comeback, used right where it is needed.

Cyb said:

ooowwww, the puns, they hurt my brain

Blame the cunning linguist that started this thread.

Instead of making fun of the guy's poor english skills you should perhaps take a look at the level.

It certainly looks kinda odd for a deathmatch level. Very tiny and tight, but still with decent connectivity. I wouldn't play with above 3 players in it though.

ShadowRunner said:

that was secretly undercoveriling done

OK, I'll try out your damn level while I ponder and rack my brain trying to figure out what that sentence at the beginning of this thread is supposed to mean...

EDIT: OK, maybe I won't. For one thing, how come you didn't just zip the wad up, rather than putting up the wad itself for download? I got the level no problem, then Deepsea opened it up and informed me that, suprise, suprise, LavaArena.wad was not found.

Heh, it worked for me. :P It was ok, but had some alignment issues, needed some basic refinments and should actually be circular imo. Circular meaning that there shouldn't be a start on one end and an end on the other. The should connect somehow so that you shouldn't have to backtrack in order to find someone.

The architecture is not bad, but need more interconected rooms. It has an old school look that I like.
It seems that you are getting better at mapping, but avoid the arrogance, or you'll loose the gradual respect that you are gaining.

ShadowRunner said:

I have just Finished my Doom2 Deathmatch level Lavaarena that was secretly undercoveriling done.

Corrections: I have just finished my Doom 2 deathmatch level Lava Arena, that was secretly done under cover.

Grade: F See me after class.

Mivalekan: you fail pedantry. You need a closing bold tag, and it should be "which" instead of "that".

The map looked OKish to me, though a few more open spaces might be good if you expect people to DM in it. You're obviously improving quite rapidly.

Mivalekan said:

Corrections: I have just finished my Doom 2 deathmatch level Lava Arena, that was secretly done under cover.

Grade: F See me after class.

Corrected corrections, for clarity's sake: I have just finished my Doom 2 deathmatch level, named "Lava Arena," which was made secretly.

Grade: Triple-Z

It worked for me. As for the map, fix the exit. The switch doesn't work.

1. I can't hardly belive this thread got so many replies
2. I agree with Little Faith, that we shouldn't get on someone just because of his/hers english... And there's no need to pound anyone around with a drill Ubik.
3. You should've shrinked that screen ShadowRunner... But anyway I can see that this map is very underdetailed (I don't care it's DM, you can still make plenty of details in DM maps)
4. Point three reminds me that you tried to teach others about detailing. How silly this sounds now.

ShadowRunner said:

Hey guys i did it accidently,but i made a See through cieling having a metal1 texture visible.
Check it out

freewebs.com/shadowrunner89/DOOM0001.png

Copy and paste the link like usual.

That's what you get if you texture a two-sided linedef that has both lines referencing to the same sector. This technique is actually used for 3d-bridges though.

ShadowRunner said:

Hey guys i did it accidently,but i made a See through cieling having a metal1 texture visible.

Wow awesome, you fucked something up.