Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

most satisfying dead body

What do you think is the sickest looking dead body in Doom?. I like the demon's the most. because if you killed it with a chainsaw it actually looked like you were going at it with the chainsaw. But if you killed it with a firearm you can pretend that chainsaw mark is just a chunk that got blown off. the Baroons corpse was just a unsatisfying mess.

The Baron's kill animation is the most satisfying, due to nostalgic reasons. The first time I heard their "detect" sound I crapped my pants. So to hear them cry WEEEERRRGH as they fell into a mass of guts was fascinating.

Personally, I think that the Aracnatron has the most satisfying sound + animation when you kill it.

Close second is the Caco, also for nostalgic reasons. The first time I saw that dead body I was like "eeewww, catsup!" (Before I knew the caco's real name, I used to call it a "tomato guy" and I still do sometimes.)

I'd say it's a tie between the archvile and the mancubus. Least satisfying? Either the lost soul, revenant or pain elemental.

How can you forget the cyberdemon, as the worst? I was expected a big gory death, and instead the damn thing just implodes, or something. The caco, mancubus, arachnotron, BoH/HK, and Shotgun guy are the best. Oh yeah, you can't forget Doomguy's throat grasp :-P

Theres nothin' like the sound of a revenant's bones clatterin' against the ground. The most satisfying dead body I think has to be the chaingunner because they are a huge pain in the ass at a distace, also because there's always more than one of them. In all the doom games I've played they've chewed me up the most. I still like the sight of an archvile's body falling apart and the woig woig woig sound it makes. Does anyone notice how the hell knight sounds like it is saying "agua!" as in water in Spanish when it dies?

I can't really think of a most satisfying dead body, though I like lots of them for their neatness. Though the most dissapointing in my opinion is the John Head, alls it does is yell and make a hurt face and then just sits there. Though given it wasn't originally meant to be seen. :D

Either the Shotgun Guy or the Pinky. The pinky sounds like a pig, that it what makes it's death so funny.

I was actually talking about dead bodies not their death animation. but since were'er talking about it...I think the Imps have a really satisfying dead sequence, there head just snap's back as they go flying from the impact.
the chaingunner's are cool too, although very phony.
the aracnotron has an awesome sound, epecially in dead simple cause you spend the whole time running around while taking potshots at'em but after a while all you hear are their screams. ANd it's like who's the pussy now.

Heh, I just listened to the Baron's death sound, and not to be perverse or anything, but it almost sounds like he's yelling out "Boner!" when he's killed :P

A gibbed imp or zombie body is my favorite. Nothing beats the gibbing-noise and splatter animation. This makes it that much more satisfying to berserk-punch one of them to death. To put it in the words of everyone's favorite space marine, "RIP AND TEAR!"

Cacodemons are only satisfying if you can shoot them down in midair so they fall down into caverns and abysses. On the same token it is fun shooting lesser enemies off ledges with a rocket launcher.

Mancubus!!! His head goes into pieces, and his bone rips through his body!!! those eyes lying on the ground... sick.

Fredrik said:

This topic is, by the way, slightly perverse ("most satisfying dead body", WTF?).

At least it's not most arousing.

The most satisfying dead bodies are either vanished (a la Lost Soul and Pain Elemental), squished or shredded. These FUBAR corpses don't respawn (in my .deh), and I find that most satisfying.

What do you mean they don't respawn Terra in nightmare mode or from the archie?

Yaa!, the Cyberdemon has a lame death sequence. and leaves only it's hooves in a puddle of blood behind. It would have been more satisfying if he stagered out of control while malfontioning, and also left beind his upper torso and head, with the metal hoove rocking back and forth.

also something about the pink demon's dead body looks odd. besides the fact he should fall forward.