Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Possibly the Mars Rover?

I know that it's known for a fact that there won't be vehicles in Doom 3...at least not a drivable one, but would anyone like to see at least an automatic rover exploring around on the outside Mars surface? Just a little inspiration gotten from the recent Astronomy magazine issue...

Every robot that was ever sent to Mars (the Vikings, the Pathfinder, etc) should be an easteregg in the game.

Arno said:

Every robot that was ever sent to Mars (the Vikings, the Pathfinder, etc) should be an easteregg in the game.

I think one of the alien freaks from "Mars Attacks!" would be a cooler easteregg :)

Tetzlaff said:

I think one of the alien freaks from "Mars Attacks!" would be a cooler easteregg :)

Nah, wouldn't fit into Doom 3's scary atmosphere :-P

Better, have one of those freaky aliens from Welles' novel "war of the worlds".

Those aliens were soooo scary... no, in fact, they were lame.

Better have 3 titted hookers.

ummm... eastereggs don´t need to fit into the games athmosphere because they... well, they are just hidden eastereggs!

999cop said:

Hopefully there will be something more interesting than just communicating through computers!?

I LOVE that idea. You should end up stranded outside the base for a bit, knowing that all the base communication interfaces are blown out (but the transmitting equipment still active), and end up finding one of the rovers, using its remaining, underpowered communication equipment as an interface to the base's communication equipment... maybe parallel-connect the power sources of one or two rovers you find stranded somewhere as if one wouldn't be sufficient...

dsm said:

Nah, wouldn't fit into Doom 3's scary atmosphere :-P

What? No Commander Keen? ;-)

Tetzlaff said:

ummm... eastereggs don´t need to fit into the games athmosphere because they... well, they are just hidden eastereggs!

Ok, I shoulda seen it coming. Actually I was trying to be funny (hence the ':-P'), but I didn't make it clear enough, sorry.

My personal opinion on this is that I'd rather see references to the classic Doom games rather than a boring space buggy or more stuff along those lines, but that's just my own personal opinion.
Of course, having one reference to some of the various Mars missions and one reference to old Id games would be a fair compromise imo.

I didn´t took that dead serious, dsm

I think there will be some cool eastereggs and references available through the stuff you can make with the in-game computer consoles etc.