Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord of the Noobs

Favourite Map Music?

Music at:
1. The spawning Vats (Waltz of the Demons)
2. Halls of the Damned (Sinister)
3. Nuclear plant (The Imp's song)

But I really like tons of others too, like Doom2 Crusher, the Waste Tunnels...

That's a tough one. I'd go with E1M5, E1M7, E2M4, E2M6, E2M7, and MAP28.

Well, I don't know the names of any songs, but there's one in Doom2 with a pretty cool guitar solo, which is used in the later levels. I think it's the music for the Abandoned Mines.

I'd have to say Doom II map20 (Gotcha) and the TNT map27 (Mt Pain.) There are others but I can't think of them off the bat.

Doom II: Map 7 (D_SHAWN I think it is), Map 20 (D_MESSAG), Map 30 (D_OPENIN)

Doom I: e1m3, e1m6, e1m9, e2m1, e2m8, and e3m8

Additional Question: What's your least favorite Doom music? Anything that just grinds your nerves every time you hear it?

e1m8 from Doom I is my least favorite

tnt4, tnt5, tnt16, e1m8, e2m7, e2m2, e2m4, e2 boss fight, e3m1, e3m3, e2m6, spider fight, tnt31...and...and that's about it...i think...

least fav. map2 from doom 2

D_E1M5 and D_E1M7 is the best Doom music. As for Doom2, none of it is really all that good IMO.

Lord of the Noobs said:

Hmmm... I don't really have a LEAST fav music... only Human BBQ and The Gantlet are annoying... in fact, I HATE the Human BBQ music....

As a matter of fact, the midi for Human BBQ has a problem with its bass and percussion channels when it plays in the game. It still plays, but it's VERY quiet. It's almost unnoticable. Load the wad and listen to it through Wintex and you'll hear it the way it's supposed to sound like. It's really not that bad.

Oh yeah, and...

Doom: E1M2, E1M3, E1M5, E2M4, E2M6, E3M2, E3M7(E2M7)

Doom 2: The Healer Stalks, In The Dark, Waiting for Romero to Play

I always liked the music from Map 01 in Doom II, I hum it a lot and found a great guitar remix that makes it sound awesome.

Doom 1? I like E3M1 (hell keep) quite a bit, and yeah E3M3 (Pandemonium) is great.

But what are the best of both? The interlevel music. I just love the Doom II interlevel song (ringtone on my cell), and the one from Doom 1 is repetitive but catchy.

STRAIN map23
MM2 map17
Evilution map04

The only music from the original games that I simply can't listen to is Doom2 map01. It always sounded like poor elevator muzak to me, and hearing it hundreds of times didn't help.