Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Yikes!!!

Hey, I've noticed that for the past few days or so, there have been almost no new submissions to Freedoom. Please don't tell me that all the legal arguing has scared everyone away or something. Come on people, this project had so much momentum, and I kind of feel like it just died. We still don't even have all the textures replaced yet, and there's tons of other things that could be done that the project needs. I would contribute myself, but my artistic skills are exactly zilch, and I think what I've submitted already may be the extent of my contributions (of course, I never thought I would end up doing as much as I did, so who knows what I may do?). On a side note, I've noticed that lately, I've played Doom almost exclusively using the Freedoom resource .WAD lately. It was really freaky the other day, when I loaded up Doom without the Freedoom resources, and just played vanilla Doom. I love how it feels so natural, I hardly notice that it's completely different. Keep up the good work, people, and please, somebody submit something.

I have to agree. Can we have a few more submissions please, or I'm not going to have anything to say when it comes to weekly freedoom update day :)

I made a goofy looking zombie dude with pistol that I could probably give away to freedoom, if you ppl want. Here's a hires pic of the model:

http://www.geocities.com/espibrown/zombie_model.jpg

I'm not sure how good that would look in-game, probably not very good, as this picture shows (things can get really ugly when resized): http://www.geocities.com/espibrown/silly_zombie.gif

Particularly people who've asked for textures to be assigned - if you think you won't be able to complete your stuff in a reasonable time, then please let fraggle know so someone else can take a shot at it. About half of the outstanding textures are already assigned ATM.