Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Horror

I'm trying to write a story and I need a motive for why a mother would murder her son. Any ideas. I've been all over google and ask jeeves but they keep talking about baby murders. The victim is about 19.

How about: The son suffers from an illness with no known cure that inevitably will cause him unbearable pain and put him in a vegetable state wherein he's no longer able to function. So to "spare" him a gruesome fate, she performs premature euthanasia? ...WHAM! The old axe-in-the-head. ;-)

Maybe her son's a goth and she's tired of his constant bitching and moaning about how his life sucks, despite the fact that he's got a car, has graduated high school, is currently attending college, he's an only child, has his own room with his own TV and computer (top of the line), etc etc, so she takes a gun and caps her son.

How about this:

The mother, after 23 happy years of marriage, discovers that the father had a 19 year old son that she didn't know about. Now, a couple of years earlier, the father signed up for a hefty life insurance policy with the mother as the sole beneficiary. However, the policy becomes void if there was any infidelity. So naturally, she has to make this illegitimate of his "disappear" before she can then plan the "accidental death" of her cheating husband and collect on the insurance.

She goes through a traumatic experience that alters the way she thinks about her son. She first starts to try to have a sexual relationship with him, realizes the problem with this, and rather than seeking help, murders him thinking she can get rid of the evidence.

A woman could turn out to be a lousy mother who cares nada for her offspring. I've heard stories about that. Mothers who are either drunkards, drug addicts or they were complete morons who got pregnant and thought of it as an inconvenience (but they were broke so an abortion was out of the question) - the child is born and the mother doesn't give a shit so the kid ends in a children's home, grows up and ends up having grudges towards momma for being responsible for his shitty life, so he ends up being a pain in the aft in various ways and ultimately, he does something towards her that freaks her out enough to want to get rid of the "unwanted son".

I don't really have any good ideas for this atm. My imagination usually goes along different tracks, but I'll post back in case I come up with something that sounds less silly.

Ichor's idea was sorta better storywise, but it had one minor flaw: If the son was one that the father had got with another woman, technically, he wouldn't be her son. At least that's the way I see it.

You could totally rip off the story of Oedipus (son is prophecied to kill his father and have sex with his mother; is sent away to be killed as a child; is spared by those ordered to kill him; later the prophecy comes true), but with the difference that Jocasta (the mother) kills Oedipus as an act of motherly love so as to prevent him from suffering the endless shame to which he was condemned. (Actually, that's a bit like DJ_Haruko's idea in some respects.)

Ichor's idea is good though. Regarding dsm's objection, er, well, the "affair" might have been with his actual wife, but during a period when she had been surgically altered to look like another woman. Technically, it wouldn't have been adultery, but there would be no way to prove that, since the DNA wouldn't match because the eggs had been donated by another woman, because the surgical alterations had rendered her temporarily infertile. The purpose of all that had been to profit from another scam (a prenuptial agreement under which the husband would have forfeited heavily for an act of adultery), but that fell through due to a typo in the prenuptial agreement, rendering it too ambiguous to be of use.

How bout she finds him really attractive and can't handle those sick-ass feelings so feels this is the easier way ot get rid of them. Maybee her son is everything her husband was before he a.died, b. became an alchoholic asshole or something. If you want to make it horror, make it fucked up.

She finds out her son writes shitty fiction with bad concepts so she murders him.

I have heard about this mental condition for some mothers in which they're obsessed with hurting their children or keeping them sick.

iirc The sixth sense had an example of this mental syndrome with a minor character in the movie so you can look towards that for more info.

DooMBoy said:

Maybe her son's a goth and she's tired of his constant bitching and moaning about how his life sucks, despite the fact that he's got a car, has graduated high school, is currently attending college, he's an only child, has his own room with his own TV and computer (top of the line), etc etc, so she takes a gun and caps her son.

Yous said it!

She was the victim of a rape, that resulted in my her pregnancy. She is pressured by her christian mom to keep the baby, so she does. Though, as he grows be looks more and more like the raapist and she can only feel deep hatred for him. Finally, driven over the edge from being reminded of that aweful night, she kills him. She would prolly start seeing him as the rapist in the end, not her son.

Her son is a useless, good-for-nothing who has been doing nothing but sitting in front of the TV, eating and belching since he dropped out of school at the age of 13, slowly becoming a fat, ugly bastard. The mother finally realizes that he will dependant of her and social security for the rest of his life; he'll never get a job, his own place, or a family. She feels sorry for him but at the same time she hates him for what he's become, and decides to put him out of his misery / get rid of the S.O.B.

Son is becoming the spawn of satan, and the mother has to kill him to ensure he doesn't go out and destroy the world.

Then she kills herself for good measure.

fodders said:

She is Palestinian suicide bomber, her son happened to be in the cafe at the time.

Comedy gold.

BlueSonnet said:

I have heard about this mental condition for some mothers in which they're obsessed with hurting their children or keeping them sick.

iirc The sixth sense had an example of this mental syndrome with a minor character in the movie so you can look towards that for more info.

munchausen syndrome. see eminem's 'cleaning out my closet' for more info.

Ok, let's try this:

She begins to dabble in the occult. Over the months, she becomes more and more involved, until she comes across an old book of rituals, one of which describes a method to gain immortality: she must sacrifice her firstborn son. However, there is more to this ritual than just immortality. She would learn too late of the high price, which is demonic possession, as well as freeing all of the demons in the Abyss.

pregnant with worms said:

munchausen syndrome. see eminem's 'cleaning out my closet' for more info.

Or watch "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen".