Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

How many languages do you speak?

¿Debe ser el título bastante auto explicativo, cuántos idiomas usted habla, y qué es usted primero idioma? Sé ese diablo Julian’francés de s, y molesto el infierno fuera de mí que él habla (bien tipos) inglés mejor entonces yo hago.

Un sí, acabo de utilizar un jodida traductor en línea escribir a máquina esto.

For bonus points++ tell me what that means. (and don't think the translator will help you, Bawhahahahaaaa!

Ct_red_pants said:

¿Debe ser el título bastante auto explicativo, cuántos idiomas usted habla, y qué es usted primero idioma? Sé ese diablo Julian’francés de s, y molesto el infierno fuera de mí que él habla (bien tipos) inglés mejor entonces yo hago.

Un sí, acabo de utilizar un jodida traductor en línea escribir a máquina esto.

For bonus points++ tell me what that means. (and don't think the translator will help you, Bawhahahahaaaa!

This must be a very auto-explainative topic, how many languages do you speak and which one is your mother tongue? Ce diable de Julian est français (sure about the spelling?), and I find it annoying as Hell that he speaks (rather types) english better than I do sometimes.

I give up on the second paragraph.

I speak french, of course, english and spanish I sometimes understand.

And yes, I have to use a fucking translator -line-machine-something.

Hmm, natural or formal languages?

Danish (native language), English (Semi-native language to me, but with plenty of holes) and German (foreign language to me).

I knew a bit of Spanish five years ago, but the language (or perhaps just the teacher?) didn't interest me enough for me to keep learning. I still remember a few words though.

My sister tried to teach me some French aeons ago, but apparently, French pronounciation has some kind of grudge with me (I can't even pronounce the number "four" in French - how weak is that!).

dsm said:

(I can't even pronounce the number "four" in French - how weak is that!).

On a scale from un to cinq I'd say QUATRE :P

Pronunciation is quite simple actually:

cat - rr

Ct_red_pants originally said:
The title should be pretty self explanatory, how many languages do you speak, and what is you first language? I know that devil Julian’s French, and it annoys the hell out of me that he speaks (well types) English better then I do.

And yes, I just used a shitty online translator to type this.

Julian said:

cat - rr

Yeah but it's the 'r' that doesn't sound the same between french and english.

<Jean Reno in Wasabi>Tigrrrrre</Jean Reno> I love that movie :P

Julian said:

On a scale from un to cinq I'd say QUATRE :P

cat - rr

Lol.
My sister claimed it was "gat - rr".

English is my main language. Then I also speek some Japanese and some Spanish, though with Spanish I'm slowly forgetting it as it's replaced by Japanese.

And here's that paragraph in Japanese:

Boku wa, eigoga boku no bokokugo desu. Soshite, sukoshi nihongo to supeingo ga hanasemasu ga boku wa mou nihongo o manabinagara supeingo wa yukkuri wasurete kimasu .

Norwegian (primary) and English (secondary). Also, I know enough Swedish to ridicule swedes, and enough german to say things such as "Fritz hat ein Auto" or "Ich bin ein Wienerschnitzel".

I speak english like a native.
I used to speak good french, semi-decent german and a bit of arabic but my teachers were boring so I didn't carry them on.

Like Disorder Dutch, English and some German. They tried to stuff French in there too but... that failed miserably.

In (rapidly) descending order of competence:
English (native)
Danish (very rusty though, and really crap given I lived in the country for two years)
Spanish
French
Russian (no conversational ability)
Latin

Otherwise, just bits and pieces. I can guess a fair bit of German by analogy with other languages, and obviously I have some ability to read Norwegian.

Lithuanian (native), English, Russian, a few words or sentences in French, German, Polish, Latin

Fluent in Swedish, and unrefined Swedish. ;-) Practically fluent in English (I have scored the highest marks in advanced technical English at university level, for example). Working knowledge of German. I can understand but not speak, properly anyway, Norwegian (not Nynorsk, only Bokmål), and Danish. I know some (*very* little) Spanish, Esperanto, Latin, Finnish, French, and Italian - hardly enough to get by solely on it, though.

EDIT: Minor corrections.

EDIT #2: Hehe, and of course a great number of computer languages.

Kristian Ronge said:

Esperanto

LOL, people learn that?

Anyway I can only speak English, I tried French and German but i'm far too slow for conversations :(

Right, assuming that formal languages don't count:

Swedish (crappy), English (sub-decent), French (awesome).

Dutch, English, French, and a little German, as they're the four official languages here in Belgium. For some reason I don't speak, but do understand Spanish quite a bit.

I acnay eakspay igpay atinlay, andhay Englishhay. Ankthay you, ankthay you, oureyay too indkay.

Szymanski said:
LOL, people learn that?

Sure! I passed by a terminal in a library once, and found it was set to some sort of official Esperanto page. There was a link there, "learn Esperanto in 5 minutes!", so I followed it. I found it amazing how easy the language is to learn. You learn the basic rules of the language very quickly; then it's only a matter of filling in the words. :-)

I even know one guy who learnt Esperanto while hospitalized for 2 weeks with a broken leg!

English is my native language, though I'm pretty terrible at grammatical structure and spelling.

German I took for three years in high school, but I can't get the tenses down for the life of me. All I know is normal present and past. Oddly enough, it wasnt until after I got out of German and I started listening to stuff like Das Ich and KMFDM that I got the pronunciation down. I can also understand it reasonably well, though I need to look up words pretty often.

French I know okay, since I have an aunt, a cousin and a grandpa who all speak it rather fluently, plus my mom and dad took it in high school. Unfortunately, I can only speak it (and then only a few words, not complete sentances), and not read or write it.

Spanish is kind of a thing you need to know a bit of in the USA, so i know quite a few words of it.

I know one or two werds of Japanese because there are so many people aroun here who either lived in Japan or wish they did. I used to know a bit of Tagalag because I had several Filipino friends. Then there are other languages I've picked up a few words from, such as Russian, Chinese, Arabic, and Latin.

And last of all, I've had a recent interest in Anglo-Saxon (Old English). Flod under foldan.

So, short answer: English and German.