Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Hastalavista, gay marriages...

California governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, says that the gay marriages issued in San Francisco are illegal. More information here

...gets the marshmellows and popcorn in preparation for the inevitable flames...

Job said:

California governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, says that the gay marriages issued in San Francisco are illegal. More information here

No, Arnold Shwarzenegger said that "GAH MARRAHGEZ ISHEWED IN SAHN FRAHNSEESKO AHR ILLEGAHL!! AHHHH!!"

Julian said:

What did you expect from an ex-bodybuilder? Tolerance?

Regardless, he is correct in that gay marriage is illegal. Whether or not that's Constitutional is another question.

Arioch said:

Regardless, he is correct in that gay marriage is illegal. Whether or not that's Constitutional is another question.

Exactly my thought. What's the point in enforcing a non-constitutional law? Aren't representatives supposed to take care of that?

Julian said:

Exactly my thought. What's the point in enforcing a non-constitutional law? Aren't representatives supposed to take care of that?

Nope. Legislators can debate all sorts of crappy laws into existence. It's the job of the Executive branch to enforce these crappy laws no matter what they think of them, and the job of the Judicial system to strike down unconstitutional laws.

Arioch said:

Nope. Legislators can debate all sorts of crappy laws into existence. It's the job of the Executive branch to enforce these crappy laws no matter what they think of them, and the job of the Judicial system to strike down unconstitutional laws.

Well, representatives do represent people... right? Including gay people. I'm not talking about a formal point of view but rather from a good sense one.

btw, have you contacted exile yet or what?

Julian said:

Well, representatives do represent people... right? Including gay people. I'm not talking about a formal point of view but rather from a good sense one.

Most people in the U.S. are apparently currently against gay marriage. So in this sense the representatives are doing a good job.

However, at some point in the past, most people in the U.S. were also against women's rights, emancipation, school integration, etc.

I like taking the long view to everything.

btw, have you contacted exile yet or what?

Let's keep that to the right forum, eh?

Julian said:

Being half naked and sweaty around dozens of other huge muscled psuedo athletes... hell I was shocked! I don't see a problem with gay marraige but this does save them from the 2/3 US divorce rate. I'm not all that suprised though. He is a republican. Don't flame me with your "omg black and white thinking etc etc". I'm not saying that all democrats or even most would be for it, but it's a hell of a lot more likely than a republican govenor.

It pissed me off more than anyone here probably, being that I myself am gay and stand up for my beliefs and rights as an "American" citizen. As i've said before, the question should have never even risen as to wether or not homosexual couples could marry, it should have just been left alone so they could live like everyone else. Of course, I'm sure that lesbians getting married don't bother Shwarzenegger or Bush either one, I guarantee the only reason they don't like it is the thought of two men being together. Piss on them, the fuckers, I'll bleed on them and hope they die. If anything, they're the ones who deserve to burn in "hell", especially Dubya Bush.

Melfice said:

It pissed me off more than anyone here probably, being that I myself am gay and stand up for my beliefs

I thought you bent over for your beliefs? :P

Julian said:

Only for alcohol and steroids. *rimshot*

P.S. Nice one, Fodders. You're going to Hell, but that makes you OK in my book.

P.P.S. I support gay marriage. Maybe now we can stop referring to them as sluts.

fodders said:

I thought you bent over for your beliefs? :P

And Modders has you by the leash.

Well, the whole thing is that "marrige" is generaly considered a religious thing/ceremony. And christianity isn't exactly friendly to gays. Seeing as how their god condemns it and all.

But, isn't there a way for non-religious couples to get legaly "marryied" and still get the benifits? I don't see why a gay couple shouldn't be entitled to THAT at least.

Isn't Arnold a republican anyway?

I think the right idea is that legally we should not recognize marriage but instead "civil unions".

This way all couples, gay or otherwise, can receive benefits, and if you want to call it a marriage, negotiate it with your own church--or join another one if it's important to you.

Arioch said:

I think the right idea is that legally we should not recognize marriage but instead "civil unions".

This way all couples, gay or otherwise, can receive benefits, and if you want to call it a marriage, negotiate it with your own church--or join another one if it's important to you.

This seems to me the best and only solution. It will successfully perhaps remove all the animosities this whole fiasco is inviting.

Melfice said:

It pissed me off more than anyone here probably

Hmm, okay you're right anyway.

Use3D said:

Hmm, okay you're right anyway.

Actually, I was thinking about you when I said that, lol. For some reason I didn't think you'd care too much :P