Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
READ THE FAQ

i need some idea's

Well...i got a level mapped out, with a few VERY NASTY traps in it, and i was wondering if anyone had an idea, but have not had time to test or some new kinda trap i might not have?, that i could implement into my level here and see how it plays out. Any (serious) idea's are welcome, Thank You

Why does this fit in Blogs?

[omgwtfbbq]don't question me, I am your dog, er god[/omgwtfbbq]

well...i have one trap that is sorta like the indiana jones: temple of doom thing, where's when you walk under the pillar of light...SPLAT, the floor raises to the celing, and i have another trap where there are 3 bridges acroos a deep river of acid, and two of the bridges lower into the acid, and i am working on a trap that forces you to run across lava...

not yet...monsters are usely the very last thing i put into the level, but i will have a trap that lowers monsters into the room...hopefuly...the traps i have now...you can't survive unless you have god mode enabeld

Edit: i don't intend to let anyone survive when a trap is triggered, so i try not to use monsters for traps too much

no...it don't require god mode to beat..it requires trial and error...you find the right button..bridge...path..etc...that does NOT set off the trap

Use3D said:
Making a level that requires god-mode? Who uses god-mode?

Hehe, this immediately got me thinking of an infamous statement made by some retard in a .txt file of some WAD in the x-rated section (don't remember which). I quote, or paraphrase rather:

"Difficulty Settings: Use IDDQD, you IDIOT!"

My brain is burning... How or why did Ty let that shite in? There should be a rule that now 1337 speak is allowed in .txt files.

Job said:

My brain is burning... How or why did Ty let that shite in? There should be a rule that now 1337 speak is allowed in .txt files.

Heh, I remember that one. I think it's kinda cute.

READ THE FAQ said:

no...it don't require god mode to beat..it requires trial and error...you find the right button..bridge...path..etc...that does NOT set off the trap

That sounds annoying, I prefer traps that give a chance to survive if are activated, not just run the last saved game.

READ THE FAQ said:

That sounds really annoying if you ask me. A good map is challenging, but beatable as long as you're a veteran. Instant death traps suck, unless there's a way to predict that there might be a trap.

This is the reason I hate jumping puzzles; you try to clear a gap, you fall down and have to climb up again, jump, fall down, climb up, repeat - doing the same thing over and over again sucks! And if I die because some cleverly hidden trap kills me instantly, it's almost just as bad - worse if the trap is insanely tough to clear.

Listen to a piece of advice: tone them down to "not-instant-kill" traps.

That's the only suggestion I have for now.

well...technicly there is only 1 instand kill trap..and it is when you enter the room..there are sevral pillars of light comeing down..and if you walk through any of them...the doors lock and the floor raises to the celing, there IS a way to beat it...i have done it, and i can do it with my eyes closed..

Epyo said:

Then why did everybody like Doom Raider?

Because it doesn't suck, and is in fact beatable on the first try.