Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
READ THE FAQ

ad&d

Bloodshedder said:

Down with 3rd edition! 2b forever!

You sir, should be burned at the stake.

I used to play ad&d uptill like a year ago. Our DM left the country so I'll probably never play the game again. A bit sad; I enjoyed it.

READ THE FAQ said:

well, yeah, of course 3rd edition, no one uses 1st

Some do actually. I grew up playing 2nd ed...and I'd go back in a hearbeat too. Though i like alot of what 3rd ed added/subtracted.

Long live psionics too!

READ THE FAQ said:

actually...anyone who spends more than 5 hours a day on the computer is a nerd..so :p

Dork

I started playing DandD when the BASIC set came out. only really played the original Advanced game... as I haven't played it in literally 20 years. cool game, only limited by your own imagination(or the imagination of the Admin)

the original third-party mapping game! :)

READ THE FAQ said:

well, yeah, of course 3rd edition, no one uses 1st

Uh, 3rd ed is called D&D. They dropped the 'Advanced' because it sounded stupid and hardly anyone played normal D&D anymore (mostly because they stopped making it).

Also, I agree with Zarky. 3.5 is a fucking sham. They're just trying to squeeze another $100 out of all their customers.

2nd edition has more stuff.... Plus it is what my group of friends play. Why would I go out and buy all new books just to switch over and have to re-learn 3rd edition. When you have a collection of almost every second edition box set ever made, there is no turning back! :)

READ THE FAQ said:

eBook

You mean eTools? That is the worst piece of software ever. It wasnt even worth the time it took to warez it. I mean really...$20 for a piece of software that doesnt even come with an instruction manual, a box, or even a jewelcase. Yeah, that sounds like a deal.

I'd get into D&D if

A) I had someone to play it with
and B) it wasn't so damn complicated. I need a watered down version or something.

Grimm said:

I'd get into D&D if

A) I had someone to play it with
and B) it wasn't so damn complicated. I need a watered down version or something.

Heh, 3rd edition is pretty easy to learn really. At least compared to 2nd edition. And you can always joing a PBEM if you have no one to play with, though its probably best that you play at least once before you do that.

Danarchy said:

Heh, 3rd edition is pretty easy to learn really. At least compared to 2nd edition. And you can always joing a PBEM if you have no one to play with, though its probably best that you play at least once before you do that.

Yeah 3rd isn't that hard to get into. Be glad you're not trying to learn 2nd ed, oooooh I remember such lovely rules as THAC0 :P

zarkyb said:

Yeah 3rd isn't that hard to get into. Be glad you're not trying to learn 2nd ed, oooooh I remember such lovely rules as THAC0 :P

Ugh, THAC0. That and exeptional strength are two very good reasons for 3rd edition. Also, the revised DMG completely blew.