Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sgtcrispy

FreeDoom Teaser Trailer

I made a little trailer for FreeDoom today, and want to uploading it to the FreeDoom FTP. But, I want to make sure that would be peachy. It's a 8.35 meg WMV and 8.22 megs rar'd.

I'm going to work soon and wont get off until 10:00 pm. Mountain time.

So if the FreeDoom head honchos want it, just tell me.

"Keep On Doom'n!!!"

No, it does not. Just because Ling thinks its stupid doesn't make it so. I'm trying to get people interested in the FreeDoom again, so there's no point in stifling peoples efforts just because Ling doesn't like it.

I wanted to make a trailer after the game was completed, but since that might be awhile I figured now is a good time since FreeDoom is going nowhere at the moment.

Now I suppose I could get all pissy and go apeshit (which I'm sure somebody is just waiting for), but I'm not going to give the satifaction.

I truly hope that FreeDoom gets finished someday, and this is a great way for the whole community to pull together and do something worthwile for a change.

It's late and I'm tired, so as the old saying goes...

"If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all."

"Keep On Doom'n!!!"

Oh my god, it's 8 megabytes! Do you realize that would take literally minutes to download? Why the fuck wouldn't a person could just get the whole game, download an engine, set everything up and play through it in just 4 to 6 hours instead? Lets get realistic. No one watches internet videos anyways. Why create a promotional video that makes it easy for people unfamiliar with the game see what its all about? Wouldn't it be easier to be an asshole and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT BITCH?

Fredrik said:

You still haven't actually countered Ling's argument for why it's stupid.

You mean why it's not stupid?

Maybe seeing it in a different context might help push the project along?

Besides, have you even seen it yet? I'm not saying its the best thing since sliced bread or its the greatest piece of cinema ever concived or anything like that, but come on.

Rellik said:

Oh my god, it's 8 megabytes! Do you realize that would take literally minutes to download?

Oh god, 8 megs! So kill me...

Rellik said:

Wouldn't it be easier to be an asshole and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT BITCH?

I'm sorry but I dont stoop down to the level of flamer. Isn't there enough fighting already to go around?

All this over a 2:30 second video that no one has even seen yet. Why do I even bother...

posthellbound...

it says what he used in the textfile.
standard stuff: Fraps, Doomsday...

I enjoyed it. certainly not a must-see or anything, but a heck of a lot better than the UT movies I've seen recently.
the textures and some of the weapon sprites are excellent... some of the other resouces(some enemies for example) are less impressive.
good job

SgtCrispy: I think Rellik was being sarcastic.

It's not bad at all actually. I personally haven't taken a look at freedoom in action before, and this gave me a good idea without having to worry about playing through the whole thing. It only took 1:25 to download too.

The turd demons look really out of place.

While it is a nice idea in theory, I basically have to agree with Linguica. And the shareware iwad appears to perform the function of giving a preview already.

Rellik said:

Oh my god, it's 8 megabytes! Do you realize that would take literally minutes to download? Why the fuck wouldn't a person could just get the whole game, download an engine, set everything up and play through it in just 4 to 6 hours instead? Lets get realistic. No one watches internet videos anyways. Why create a promotional video that makes it easy for people unfamiliar with the game see what its all about? Wouldn't it be easier to be an asshole and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT BITCH?

Translation by Grammarbot v.4.0b

Through the use of sarcasm, I imply that although the trailer download is larger in file size, it is advantageous in that it requires less play and does not necessitate the use of a doom source port.
I label those who disagree with said claim as being a rectal orifice and displaying behaviour similar to that of a female canine.

Grammarbot? You mean Intentionbot or something. :p

Just watched the vid and I liked it. IMO this should be linked right on the front page of the website. I think I'll have to make a vid pimping freedm now. :) Stuff like promotional vids make the project seem more proffesional. All the cool kids are make promo vids. :)

Rellik said:

Grammarbot? You mean Intentionbot or something. :p

I always deem Grammarbot appropriate when I get something like this:

Why the fuck wouldn't a person could just get the whole game

Well, if you put "wouldn't a person could" you can expect someone's going to poke fun a little bit. :p

Heh, doesn't bode well of my plan to write for a living eh? :p Bah, considering how much bad grammar is in everyday communication now I think AOL style books will be the next big thing. Think about how much shorter books will be if you can just abbreviate most words down to a letter or two? :)

WMV? I can't even play those. Consider supplying an open format in future...

... but the re-drafted submission guidelines will be more explicit in saying 'no, you musn't upload irrelevant stuff'.

Jon said:

WMV? I can't even play those. Consider supplying an open format in future...

... but the re-drafted submission guidelines will be more explicit in saying 'no, you musn't upload irrelevant stuff'.

I think thats a bit harsh. Its a nice idea, even if rather flawed :)