Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaximusNukeage

President of the united states (democratic nomination)

Who do you hope will win the democratic nomination  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope will win the democratic nomination

• Sen.John Kerry
    • Gov.Howard Dean (pulled out of race)
    • Gen.Wes Clark (pulled out of race)
    • Sen.Joe Lieberman (pulled out of race)
    • Sen.John Edwards
    • Rev.Al Sharpton
    • Rep.Dennis Kucinich

The political spectrum is not one-dimensional. In principle it ought to allow for multiple parties that are all "equidistant" from one another, and so would not lead to a distortion of the results.

Not that that's going to happen in practice, of course, especially given that such "distances" can be a clearly defined concept.

Being "green" doesn't mean you're necessarily "left" or "right" - just that you give ecological issues a high priority.*

Likewise, why should anarchists be regarded as left wing? Don't left-wing policies generally involve a more centrally managed economy?

*OK - maybe the "Green Party" you refer to has other/different agendas.

Arno said:

Why do you want such a broad spectrum anyway? What's the point of including anarchists and nazi's when only a few goofheads belong to those groups? The political parties should represent the voters.

Um, those were just there to provide extremes. Complete totalitarianism vs. complete anarchy. But really, both Democrats and Republicans are conservative-leaning parties. The only difference between them are their priorities. Republicans want to ban abortion and allow everyone to own guns, while Democrats want to ban guns and allow everyone to have abortions. Both say they want to uphold free speech, but both seem to want to make it all subjective, like Democrats with their stick up their asses about video games and movies, and Republicans with their wanting to ban anythign that goes agains christian values.

I really see no functional difference between the two parties.

And, yes Grazza, the Green Party of the US does have other priorities including nuclear disarmament, limiting the nations military, a little emphasis on the legalization of marijuana, and some other stuff.

"The Hangman equals death, The Devil equals death, Death equals death!"
It's weird to think that the two men who are now contesting the most powerful job in world politics, both apparently went through an occult ritual that involved dressing-up and chanting the words above, prostrate in front of a fellow student wielding a butchers' knife and dressed in animal skin.

John Kerry and George Bushs junior and senior were members of the secretive Skull and Bones society at Yale university. The final words of the initiation ceremony, according to the intrepid New York Observer journalist Ron Rosenbaum, who has secretly recorded the secret incantations, centre around the command, "Run neophyte!"

Arno said:

4-5-6 = 90% of the population

The only reason 90% votes for these parties is because they have no other choice. Green and red parties are successful all over the world; Many European countries have these people in their governments. I don't believe americans are so different from other countries and when given a fair choice red and green will be just as popular there as in the rest of the world.

Scientist said:

The only reason 90% votes for these parties is because they have no other choice. Green and red parties are successful all over the world; Many European countries have these people in their governments. I don't believe americans are so different from other countries and when given a fair choice red and green will be just as popular there as in the rest of the world.

I don't think you can compare Europe and the USA like that. I think the USA in general is more leaning towards the right of the political spectrum, caused by a culture that glorifies the strength of the individual.
Europe could be leaning a bit to the left, in an allergic reaction to the horrors of WWII.

Anyway, if the voters in the USA would have the same political ideals as the european voters, then the republican party would be dwarfed instantly.

Gokuma said:

I think the political spectrum actually loops around in a circle.

It is if you use a simple left to right scale like that. You can argue that true communism is purely liberal because everyone is equal, or you can argue that it is totalitarian because the government owns everything.

Arno said:

I don't think you can compare Europe and the USA like that. I think the USA in general is more leaning towards the right of the political spectrum, caused by a culture that glorifies the strength of the individual.
Europe could be leaning a bit to the left, in an allergic reaction to the horrors of WWII.

You act like being a leftist is a bad thing. o_O

Danarchy said:

Being extreme in any political direction is a bad thing.

Danarchy said:

Heh. I had no intention of classifying the left side of the political spectrum as "bad". Strange how you somehow read that between my lines.
I agree with what Psyonisis said, only the political extremes are bad.

they all suck...

If I had to choose I would definatly not vote for a pro-military candidate. War sux dudes... it's not as fun as many movies or games show.

So all army guys, and Kerry of course, are in my "no way" list.

i'm NOT saying he is anti millitary, that would be insane, i'm just saying he is reaching out to more rightist voters by 'ensuring' a strong millitary. a millitary is nessicary in any case to keep forign nations from invading and excersizing their will on us (like we are doing right now) i think that insted of being anti-millitary one ought to be neutral about the millitary and anti-illresponcible handling of the army (millitary). becuse such a tool in the hands of a baby (bush) is a terrible and horrible thing

pardon my grammar and typos

I completely agree. But I still thinks that Kerry sux.
He's certainly a lesser pain than Bush tho... :-)

Wonder when we will get a president like Clinton... he was a real good president.

The current US foreign policy is very bad, and they are not making new allies... actually it's the opposite.
Countries that were rather neutral/friendly toward the US are now going the opposite way and criticize it. American citizen do not seem to realize that, and they still think that their country has the rights to rule the world...
The medias are also rather well controlled by the governement. So that the brainwashed americans gets distracted by stupid programs and incomplete/reinterpretated news. Uneducated and unwary population is the dream of any governments to create an illusion of democracy and equal rights (so that people think they are free, keep quiet like the good sheeps they are).

That is just completely wrong...

MaximusNukeage said:

fuck you, you ruined what could have been a nice intellegent discussion. my insulting my people you piece of shit

This is really high brow stuff too isn't it? Well done that man. Shows your edumication wasn't a waste of money.

MaximusNukeage said:

fuck you, you ruined what could have been a nice intellegent discussion. my insulting my people you piece of shit

you're welcome :)))

Don't take this personally...
That just what I learnt from foreign newspapers which most of the times have greater 'speech' and 'investigation' freedom than the US ones. That means they can criticize or emphasize (these go together) things more freely than here.

Oh, btw... I live in America too... so I criticize myself since I also get distracted by watching crap TV programs, drinking alcohol and eating junk food like any other americans :)))

VinceDSS said:

Oh, btw... I live in America too... so I criticize myself since I also get distracted by watching crap TV programs, drinking alcohol and eating junk food like any other americans :)))

Since when did the Frenchman move to U.S.?

999cop said:

Since when did the Frenchman move to U.S.?

I moved 6 months ago... but at the opposite of my immigrants I do not plan to stay in that country for ever.

If I plan to raise a child that'll be in my country... education is far better and also far cheaper...less violence and better medias too.

MaximusNukeage said:

i'm sorry my friend
edit: lost my temper there

I am your friend ? cool :)
You are bit short tempered, learn to control yourself little buddah :)

Hmmm, The populist democrats who may or may not be on my side, or the religious extremists republican party whom pretty much stand for everything I detest, but least I know that for sure.

*sigh* I’m glad I don’t have to make that choice.