Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kada

E1M1 music remake

Last night I finished a pretty cool remake of the E1M1 music from Doom. Basically it's Bobby Prince meets Front Line Assembly, but I tried to be a little more original than that.... I think I managed to capture some of that 80's synth/club sound a little bit :)

Equipment used: Yamaha DX7, Yamaha CS1x, Roland U220, Roland R8, Akai S3000XL, Lexicon MPX-200. Mixing through Behringer MX1604 and recorded with Sound Blaster Live 1024. Sequenced with Cubase SX.

Anyway, if anyone's interrested, here's the URL to download the music: http://karantan.fegis.nu/tmp/mp3/e1m1.mp3

Hope you like it and feel free to post any comments about it :)

Funny, but this sounds like what Doom would be like if it were a side scroller. Nice remix, should send it to the OC. :)

Pretty cool remix, but as vile said, it sounds a bit side-scrollerish and definitely not like a fitting Doom track.

Imo it suffers from the same problem that Epiclore's track did: it uses sounds from the game mixed into the track.
The last death scream is cool, but the other places in the track where the Doom sounds are used are more like annoying interferences imo.

I humbly disagree. Surely it sounds more arcadish (as most electro/EBM) tends to when used for gaming music bit I believe that such could fit to an FPS too.

This is one of the more well-made Doom remixes. Almost up besides the Overclocked E1M5 remix.

Little Faith said:

I humbly disagree. Surely it sounds more arcadish (as most electro/EBM) tends to when used for gaming music bit I believe that such could fit to an FPS too.

This is one of the more well-made Doom remixes. Almost up besides the Overclocked E1M5 remix.

I never said it didn't fit with any fps - but it's not the best for a game like Doom where scare factor is the way to go - having said that, I am also quite aware that a larger number of Doom tracks are too arcadey to actually fit Doom.
A few examples are: E1M9/E3M9 and Doom 2 map04.

And yeap, it's definitely a good remix - but whether it's one of the better is something I won't comment on, because that's always subject to discussion.

Sounds kick-ass. You might want to add some info on the file (either the file name or internally, or both) or else we'll forget who made it and whatnot.

I'd say that the it doesn't suit gameplay not because of the music itself but the normal sfx in the background. It can be a bit annoying. As for saying that it doesn't suit doom (ie scarefactor) well i disagree there due to remembering what the midi soundtracks sounded like back in the earlier days. Of course it could just be me continueing to see doom as a bad-ass action game rather than a "soiled-underwear" game. :P

But other than that it's a good remix and you can never get enough of them. Keep up the good work. ;)

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I started downloading the doom remixes, and found out that the link to this one is broken. Some of you have downloaded the remix, so if someone could mirror it, or even e-mail it to me, I'd be grateful.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY...I was going to do the same thing!

See, me and my buddies are going to start a band (rock/metal) and I figured that we could remix some DOOM/DOOM II songs. But i'll be damned if someone didn't do the first song I wanted to do!

O well...we can still do DOOM II's map 07 song, which I highly like as well.

Maybe my group and you (Kada) can join forces to make a cool remix of the favorite songs of the Doomworld Forum members! Sweet...but i haven't listened to your remix yet, so I'll edit this post afterwards.

Headshot: you mean like Jenova Gyra or whatever thye were called did? or countless other already done?

BTW the link is a dead end. 404

BlackFish said:

Dude, that IS a big ass bump.

Uhm, did I say sorry? :)
Yeah really, which is better: to bump a thread with a reason or start a new thread and link to this one anyway?

Myk, I downloaded the mp3, thanks a lot!

Ebola said:
BTW the link is a dead end. 404

Mine? Nah...

Donce said:
Myk, I downloaded the mp3, thanks a lot!

You're welcome!

BlackFish said:

Dude, that IS a big ass bump.

He's excused because he made the right choice. A new thread on the subject would seem out of place (nope, I wouldn't have moved it, because it's still fan art related) and more of an annoyance than anything.

After all, he did have something important to say rather than just another "This is cool music" comment.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was asked a question that I feel I should at least answer.

kristus said:

Headshot: you mean like Jenova Gyra or whatever thye were called did? or countless other already done?

Meh, um...Im not really sure who you are talking about when your talking about Jenova Gyra. Unfortunatly, North Carolina (in particular, Stokes County) doesn't have the best music choices.

But what I was thinking of was more of a rock-style, bass+electric+keyboard+drums style with no lyrics (or maybe with lyrics).

Btw, nice job Kada. Listened to it, and aside from the fact I feel some of the DOOM songs are slight copies of Metallica songs (Including E1M1, which sounds kinda like Master of Puppets, and another that sounds even more like MoP) and thus tend to associate them with Metallica music. Still, good job. Do some more so we can all enjoy classics turned into...um...classics...agian...[confused]