Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RageDemon

doom Music wad. worth the download

I recently found a mod that replaces the midi's with mp2. i found it at http://depot.wrong.button.com/index.html

this is an awesome site. is it worth the 60 meg download. i am a doom maniac and need my daily fix.

You mean you haven't heard of the Doom Depot until now?
Hey Elbryan, surprise the hell out of this guy! =þ

Anyway, if you have a 56k or lower, don't even try unless you want to wait for a whole day for it to finish.

Hey Ragedemon, enjoy the site. There's a lot to enjoy there.

Hell yeah it's worth it! You can check out the mp2s in the Doom music section (or the music section here, at Doomworld). They sound much better, plus the mp2 wad is the smallest of the music wads.

Hey Elbryan, surprise the hell out of this guy! =þ

BTW, how did you get that ga-roovy character at the end? What's the ascii code?

About that thing you say Windows does when you only download a 30k file... Well it happens when I attempt to download one of those mp2 wads, but I never accessed the link before. I do a full search for the wad and it's not here. Still, I get that 30k file.

Windows might be a piece of crap (unless you're using Windows XP - WinXp rules !), but it's user friendly (actually i don't really need that).......well, ol' Bill has to make his money somehow, right ?

But how hard is it for windows to check the file size before it decides to use the version of the file in Temporary Internet Files. There shouldn't be any problem with downloading the same file again. Heck, resuming (ok, reliable resuming) should be built in.

Oh, and Ragedemon, try out the PSX Music and music wads. I can't play Doom without them anymore! Ambient music rules!

And if you have the time and the patience to download a (nearly) 300 meg wad, get Macvilewhore's music wad. It had thrash and metal galore. I mean, I usually don't care for hard music, but the tracks fit the levels perfectly.

I ran disk cleanup, tried it again, and it began to download appropriately this time. I closed everything down except the connection and the download box and went to bed.

When I woke up and looked for my newly downloaded file and found it, but it was only 343k instead of 33MB. Looks like to me that the ftp connection died on me once again. Guess I was right about not trying to download files of that size.

cool! nice to know the site is getting around. i actually noticed this morning that google has the second highest hits to my site next to doomworld! we'll see what happens next month.

Anyway, if you have a 56k or lower, don't even try unless you want to wait for a whole day for it to finish.

I did not take me that long on my tried but true 56k. Only about *coughs* 7 hours *coughed out*.

I did not take me that long on my tried but true 56k. Only about *coughs* 7 hours *coughed out*.

Well take a look at my results on my recent post.