Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Invasion of the Stalinist Crab-Monsters from Finland

Attention all Europeans! Remain in your homes! Do not panic, for it is the Invasion of the Giant Stalinist Crab-Monsters from Finland!

They are coming...

*Danarchy gets out the butter, bib and shell-cracker, and a plane ticket to Norway

Job said:

They just need bigger fish out there.

Swim swim hungry. Swim swim hungry.

Just in case you guys don;t know how big these things are:

Theres one of these (or maybe its a snow crab) hanging on the wall at this restaurant at the Seattle waterfront called Ivar's, and the thing is at least twice this size. Scary.

Arioch said:

king crab > snow crab

From Encyclopedia.com
The blue crab of the Atlantic coast of the United States is a swimming crab that is much used for food. It is marketed as a soft-shelled crab after it has molted and before the new shell has hardened. Females of the oyster and mussel crabs live inside the shells of bivalve mollusks. Often seen scurrying about near their burrows in muddy banks are the fiddler crabs , the males of which have one much enlarged claw used in defense and in courtship rituals. The sand, or ghost, crabs build burrows high up on the sand into which they seem to vanish. The sluggish, long-legged spider crabs are often disguised by the algae, barnacles, and sea anemones that attach themselves to the carapace. The giant spider crab of Japan, the largest living arthropod, has legs about 4 ft (22 cm) long and a carapace over 1 ft (30 cm) wide. The closely related kelp crabs are found in kelp beds in the Pacific. The name king crab is applied to the largest (up to 20 lb/9 kg) of the edible crabs, species native to the N Pacific and marketed frozen, canned, or fresh.

Crabs can be scary, but I would absolutely shit my swimmingpants If I'd ever come across a huge octopus.

Holy crap, big crabs! I hate crabs! Big ones that is.

/Gathers up enough LMG ammo to fight a World War.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

I hate crabs. The bigger are they, the scariest for me they are!

Makes me wonder why FPSs with monsters in them haven't used crabs a bit more often instead of all those spiders. In fact, I can't remember when there was last used monster crabs in games.

Really, crab = armoured spider with frighteningly huge claws, but without the ability to climb walls and ceilings.

Super Mario Bros. 2 had a crab for a boss enemy. Other than that, I can't think of any right now.

Disorder said:

Crabs can be scary, but I would absolutely shit my swimmingpants If I'd ever come across a huge octopus.

Giant crabs, giant octopi, giant squid...the ocean is full of some really, really cool stuff.

dsm said:

Makes me wonder why FPSs with monsters in them haven't used craps a bit more often instead of all those spiders. In fact, I can't remember when there was last used monster crabs in games.

Because that's a crappy idea.

dsm said:

Makes me wonder why FPSs with monsters in them haven't used craps a bit more often instead of all those spiders. In fact, I can't remember when there was last used monster crabs in games.

HL2 stilt monsters.

Job said:

HL2 stilt monsters.

They've got no claws, so they ain't scary. They're rather pretty laughable.