Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Major DoomBuilder problem

I'm really not sure what the cause or the solution to this could be, but here's a problem I've been having lately with editing Doom64. I have stitch vertexes on, and whenever I join 2 or more sectors together, the linedefs become jumbled together and I lose any above or below texture I put in for them upon entering 3d mode or saving the wad. As long as no sectors are joined, I'm able to enter and exit 3d mode and save the wad with no problems.

Okay, I'll try to get an formal report to you asap. I'd also take a .png for you, but I seem to be unable to take a screenshot of the program in action.

Okay, here's some pics to illustrate my problem.

This is the room and sectors before any vertexes are joined, there are no errors.

This is the room and sectors after the vertexes are joined, but before going into 3d mode or saving, again there are no errors.

This is the room and sectors upon exiting 3d mode. The linedefs are jumbled and there are no upper textures where there were before.

I've tested this again and again. It is a consistent problem which results after saving or using 3d mode in DoomBuilder when editing for the D64 TC.

NOTE: This was done on version 1.53, build 223 of DoomBuilder used on WindowsXP Home.

I wonder if your configuration files are of the latest version. This looks like the nodebuilder changed references in your map for some reason. Doom Builder should pick those changed up correctly, but only if you have the right game configuration files (older ones may not have it). Try a different nodebuilder or try reinstalling DB to ensure you have the latest configuration files. You may need to remak your configuration for Doom64 TC to base it on the latest configuration version.

Well, actually, this is happening after I've reinstalled it. So I don't know if that's a solution. Is there a way I can change the nodebuilder parameters to fix this? Or is it something else entirely?

*bump* The problem still sucks, can't find a way around it.