Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomerDude123

Most annoying moster...

Yup, not yer favie - your least favorite. Let's talk about thoose dod dern monsters you can't stand. There are 3 for me.

Lost Soul/Paint Elemental: So easy to kill, so little damage done, but so many and that sound and screech just makes you want to rip your ears off! And I hate when they just pop out and block your view.

Revenant: They just seem out of place. Annoying sounding and hard to kill, plus thoose heat-seeking missiles make you tear your hair out.

Arachnatrons: I love the spider mastermind, but arachnatrons just drive me nuts for some reason.

I still love all theese monsters, but for Doom - no..

u seem to have earned yourself a Title in just a few days.
Lmao.
Anyways my favorite monster is the Baron of hell.
Hearing him scream kicks ass

Yes, LEAST favorite, not favorite.
I noticed that title as well, heh. What can I say? But hey After that I got pretty far. I am on Map18 right now, slowly working to the Icon. I felt stupid asking it, because I mean I play doom like 8 hours a day, and make my own levels and stuff - but barely ever play without cheats. It just isn't as fun.

I hate the chaingunner. There is always more than one and they chew me up really bad before I kill all of them. In co-op they're worse, because when you die you have to find a SSG, run into a group of them and when you've killed one of them, you step over their chaingun and pick it up and stop shooting your SSG, letting them tear through you even more.
The lost soul, normally they aren't bad, but they swarm you when you're being attacked by many other more dangerous enemies at once, usually attacking you from behind. When they do that it reminds me of the books attacking Ash in "The Army of Darkness," making them seem more annoying.

The Nazi. Although they are good to be replaced with new monsters. Other than that, they are useless and terribly out of place.

I love thoose little Nazi dudes. I love that phrase they say, "Twoshovel!" Or something like that. So easy to blast away. I always play the Wolfenstein level on Doom II in nightmare and love to retrace my steps and look at the nazi corpses piled up.

DoomerDude123 said:

I love thoose little Nazi dudes. I love that phrase they say, "Twoshovel!" Or something like that. So easy to blast away. I always play the Wolfenstein level on Doom II in nightmare and love to retrace my steps and look at the nazi corpses piled up.

It hardly seems like you haven't even beat it yet.

1. Lost Souls -block me off, piss me off, ect..
2. Chaingunners -never die on the first shot
3. Revenants -deadly heat seeking missiles

The revenant is easily the most irritating monster. Next comes the boss spawner and lastly, the chaingunner. The pain elemental isn't bad if you just move right into its face, which stops it from spawning lost souls.

I hate Revenants, Chaingunners, and Lost Souls.

Revenants are too fast and they are usually the ones swarmed in megawads.

Chaingunners can also be found in groups. They are way too accurate (even 50 miles away) and they are a tad powerful.

Lost Souls are just gay. The become barricades and they always sneak up on me!

Hmm, I feel that I have said this once befor. :\
I would have to say that distant chain gunner that can still hit you from all the way across the map...! :(

Chaingunners are mysteriously more accurate than their zombieman counterparts, Arachnotrons look stupid with those blue eyes, and Revenants look like they're drunk, and Archviles are bitches.

The friggin' Cyberdemon. I dunno why so many WAD authors think its fun to put a Cyberdemon in the map every 5 minutes or think that fighting 6 Cyberdemons in a medium-sized room (*coughAlienVendettamap16cough*)is fun.

I can't really say which is the most annoying MOSTER, but certain combinations of MOSTERS annoy me. Like when you have to put down a BoH and there are chaingunners in the background, chewing away at your health-- or when the place gets really crowded and all of a sudden you get a Cybie to deal with. Sometimes instigating infighting isn't enough.

The friggin' Cyberdemon. I dunno why so many WAD authors think its fun to put a Cyberdemon in the map every 5 minutes or think that fighting 6 Cyberdemons in a medium-sized room (*coughAlienVendettamap14cough*)is fun.

I revel in those kind of maps... kinda like a pig in mud.

Lost souls and nazis are the most annoying. Nazis because they don't fit in Doom and lost souls because they're ugly and, well, annoying.

Kristian Ronge said:

Not as horrendously as the "Mein Leben!" when they die. I speak German, and man, that's not even *remotely* close.

Well, I am German, too. "Mein Leben" sounds pretty German to me, even it seems to be pitched a bit too high, which was not the case in Wolfenstein 3D.
I don't ever could regocnize anything from which you suggest is "Schutzstaffel".

LogicDeLuxe said:

Well, I am German, too. "Mein Leben" sounds pretty German to me, even it seems to be pitched a bit too high, which was not the case in Wolfenstein 3D.
I don't ever could regocnize anything from which you suggest is "Schutzstaffel".

Would you guy's mind translating thoose German phrases for me? I am German myself, but ashamdly don't speak it.

and yes, Cyberdemons in the hundreds are no fun. Usually when I am sent a small map with about 30 Cyber Demons in them, I assume they must be new at it.

Kristian Ronge said:

Not as horrendously as the "Mein Leben!" when they die. I speak German, and man, that's not even *remotely* close.

'Mein Leben' I could understand myself (even if it is horendously misplaced as a 'dying' sound - what kind of person would cry 'My life!' when dying...) But the 'Schutzstaffel' I had to read in some FAQ to figure it out.

But both sound like some English speaking person futilely trying to speak something German. Not as bad as some films, though. Die Hard 3 had a few supposedly 'German' lines that were completely incomprehensible. It makes me laugh every time I see that movie...

LogicDeLuxe said:

Maybe in some regional dialect.. it's definitely not Hochdeutsch. The SS guy pronounces it something like "lay-bin", whereas it should be pronounced more like "[The first part of "Lear", as in "King Lear", in Oxford English tone]-bn". Hope that made any sense..

Like Graf Zahl said, as it is now it has a very mid-western American sounding. :-)

Agreed, it's pretty horrible. But I found it to be distinguishable, at least. Maybe I was primed because I *knew* they were SS (Schützstaffel) soldiers.