Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

Shotgun Sargent Quickie

Here's a minisculpt I made to see how a dead pink demon would look next to a shotgun guy. I thought about making it into a full 10" figure. But now I'm thinking to just do some other bodies unstead.

More Pics coming Soon...

Sweeeet.
Yeah, I like the shotgun guy the best too, though I think his armour should be darker - these guys wear black armour.

DSM in the game it looks like they wear grey. I did make his boots black so it doesn't look like he's wearing a one peice jump suit. also O don't know if they have shoulder pads or not, but he did look odd with short sleaves. Maybe that's because the ones in the game have a bulkier build. But I wanted to go for more realistic proportians.

Shapeless said:

DSM in the game it looks like they wear grey. I did make his boots black so it doesn't look like he's wearing a one peice jump suit. also O don't know if they have shoulder pads or not, but he did look odd with short sleaves. Maybe that's because the ones in the game have a bulkier build. But I wanted to go for more realistic proportians.

They look dark grey because making him plain black would look like ass. I've seem several older titles make use of dark grey when the intention is to make 'em black (A game called "Red Baron" is but one example).
Also, on darker gamma corrections, they look more black than grey.

Still, it wasn't really meant as a serious piece of criticism on my part, just a random comment.

Oh and he definitely wears shoulder pads - I tried messing around with a sarge sprite, removing his shoulder pads and givin' him completely bare arms - had to remove the outer pixels of his shoulder to prevent it from looking really retarded, so his "sleeves" are too thick to be clothing. They probably ain't as big as your sculpt, but I take that as artistic freedom and it looks great that way.

thanks for the advise DSM. contructive criticism is all good.

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/DooMS_024.jpg

What about the groin gaurd? It appears he is wearing a green one in the game, but I'm not to crazy about adding it on the final sculpt. aslo knee and elbo pads..yay or nay?

I think I'm going to model the suit like the one Doomguy wears on the cover art of the doom2 box. and take DSM's advise and dress him in black, since I'm going for a more serious look.

Oh!, and I almost forgot. The peice of Fanfic that goes with it...

Killing the demons wasn't that the hard part, although they scared the shit out of me. It was the former humans that got to me, some of them I recognized as close freinds of mine, other's were people I knew and taking their lives was shocking at first..But after a while..they all looked the same.

Nice bit of fic, nice models. I'd really like to see a mancubus from you.

Job didn't you see the minisculpt of the Mancubus I did a while back. The Mancubus is probably my Favorite Monster in Doom 1-2. But it's cannons make it a figure I'm going to put off for a while. And I don't intent on doing the one from the cover art of the novels.

Shapeless, is there a pic of the mancubus that you did?

It's actually a bust. you can see it on the last page of the fanart section at Planetdoom. It was a gift for a freind, and I though I would be thrilled to paint it, being a miniature painter. But after giving it a brown coat of paint. He said that he did not want to waste his precious miniature paint on it. In other words..my sculpt amit a quicly done one, was not worth his measly paint.

I'll show you guys my WIP arch-vile this thursday/tommorow it's like 10" from head to feet.

Shapeless said:

oops sorry about that.

And you didn't think about going back to your post and edit it?

Oh well, I fixed it for ya.

Why it never crossed my mind. actually I was going to go back and edit the picture and have it re-hosted but my Pc crashed, and when I rebooted it I completly forgot about doing that.

Real nice. The dead demon looks like what he looks like in the game alot!

I would've bought it.
I like the Demon more, you see the Demon you know it's from Doom :-)

But his legs are a bit too long...

His legs aren't that long. Consider that the demons legs are spread out. Also in the original Doom, you were always looking at the enemies as if they were far away. i.e. If you went up close you could not see more surface of the dead bodies. AS they were sprtires and had no real mass.

Well the Demon and sargent arent very well done. And was made as a mock up for a bigger version. But now that I see it. I would prefere it if there were at least 2 or 3 dead guys like the zombies or imps unstead of the demon. And since I'm going for a more realistic feel. It would make more sence if the demon fell foreward.

just imagine the demon I made got hit by a rocket in the face, and that's why he went flying backwards. ;D