Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PROTIP: Breathing prevents asphyxiation!

PROTIP: When eating, chew your food and then swallow!

PROTIP: Pants first, THEN shoes!

Are any of those real (well, obviously not the last one), or are they based off something from a gaming mag?

They're GamePro PROTIPS, I remember when I used to read that mag, 7 or so years ago. Some were really dumb.

Doomworld is already Somwthing Awful's little sister... it's only natural we have our own Photoshop Phriday, like Paint Shop Pro Tuesday or Gimp Wednesday.

Scuba Steve said:

Doomworld is already Somwthing Awful's little sister... it's only natural we have our own Photoshop Phriday, like Paint Shop Pro Tuesday or Gimp Wednesday.

gimp makes me want to murder people though

Scuba Steve said:

I made those in Paint Shop Pro 5 :P

Yay, a joke only 3 people on this board (including me) will actualy get.

I think I made this a little TOO grainy.

Danarchy said:

[img-convincing people]

rofl

Danarchy said:

Yay, a joke only 3 people on this board (including me) will actualy get.

Now I have to know.

You gotta love when magazines just plain make shit up too. Like a Nintendo Power mag giving a bunch of air combos or juggles for Super Street Fighter 2. The problem with that is that you can't air combo or juggle at all in that game.

"Remove your materia from Aeris before she dies so you don't lose it."

Actually, anytime anyone leaves the party you get their materia back in stock. Also, in the event that someone is only temporarily gone and their name is still on the list, you can still access their materia and switch it out.

The problem with her dying is that she takes her current weapon (unimportant), armor, and accessory. At this point in the game, you just got a Ribbon, so if she has that on, you're screwed until disc three, where you must morph Master Tonberries to get Ribbons, and they have 20,000 HP. You also just obtained a Dragon Armlet which has very good stats and halves a lot of elemental magic. You can get several more early on disc 2, but it's a pain to lose it at this point.

=P

Well, Nanami, while that may be true, it would not fit in a Protip caption.

Hyena said:

Tell me, damn it!

You'll have to listen to Convincing People, a song by Throbbing Gristle.