Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirjuddington

Doom Commander

<Copy from ZDoom Forums>

Well I just finished rewriting my Doom frontend, Doom Commander. There aren't any new features as such, but the interface is completely reworked in parts (ie, everything but the main window :P).

Anyway thought people might be interested. I for one use this launcher all the time, saves the hassle of using cmd or shortcuts or run, etc.

http://www.mancubus.net/~slayer/files/dcommander10.zip

Downloaded it, tried it, liked it.

I think you should keep working on it though. You can always have more options :)

Like a treeview for your wad folders or something, with built in zip support. Browse to a zip file, double click the contents and they are extracted to a temp folder and added to the command line - that would be sweet.

Heh, well that would be nice, but probably a little advanced for now.

I've been thinking of implementing some kind of pwad organising/selection system, but I haven't yet been able to figure out a good way to do it (quick and simple, which is what the launcher is about)

Well, suppose you could drag wads into the command line box from explorer windows, that would be more than sufficient.

chilvence said:

Well, suppose you could drag wads into the command line box from explorer windows, that would be more than sufficient.

Good idea, this is basic and will make the doom commander interface easy to use!

chilvence said:

Yeah that would make wad loading much easier. Nice program SlayeR!

Ps. 100th post!

What about a HD scan for wads? You could simply list them along with their path, instead of creating a tree system.