Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Macro11_1

Point me to the next step... plz

I was just wondering...

Could any one point me in the direction of some tutorials for advanced level edditor functions, and source port specific "things"...

Id rather it be for somthing like boom, or Legacy, because that just seems like the next step... but i might not know what i am talking about.

Any help at ALL would be most appreciated.

You didn't specify ZDooM, but if you're interested there are some good tutorials here.

I was looking at the fisrt tutorial (the one on doom world) and i came up with a question... "This tutorial assumes you are using your own regular level editor in combination with CLED / TRIGCALC."
So what does the last part mean?

Macro11_1 said:
I was looking at the fisrt tutorial (the one on doom world) and i came up with a question... "This tutorial assumes you are using your own regular level editor in combination with CLED / TRIGCALC."
So what does the last part mean?

Boom introduced generalised trigger lines. Which means that you can calculate brand new triggers which do exactly what you want instead of limiting yourself to the old existing Doom(2) triggers. TRIGCALC is a program that lets you calculate the numbers of those new triggers; CLED is a program that allows you to insert those new numbers into an existing level.

Most (older) level editors refuse to accept any number they don't recognise. Hence CLED. If your level editor lets you insert those new "unknown" trigger lines then you don't need CLED.

If CLED and/or TRIGCALC refuse to run on your XP machine, google for "VDMS".

Doom Builder lets you pull generalized combinations from a list, making CLED and TRIGCALC redundant.

Hey i was trying some of these out... and i wanted to do somthing.
i wanted to set up a raised 3d conver belt... (type 281) with a scroll tagged floor, carry objects, but when i do this the bottom of the raised conveyr belt scrolls not the top.... (i know why...) but i want to know if theres a tag to scroll taged ceiling carry objects?