Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Shadow Realm,Near Completion

My Deathmatch level,The Shadow Realm for doom legacy is near completion.I can probably have it out and ready around 3/11 6:00 pm Eastern time.

Whats the point of this thread?To promote my wad and show some screens.

Some of you may ask why a church is in a hell themed level?
Well to be honest,i though it would be cool to have a church in a hell themed level,its surprising and makes people wonder.

wait wait, you mean there's a DIFFERENCE between hell and church!?

Look at the last screen, above the windows. See how that doesn't align? YOU'VE BEEN A BAD BOY. BE A GOOD BOY AND FIX ALL OF THOSE.

Epyo said:

Look at the last screen, above the windows. See how that doesn't align? YOU'VE BEEN A BAD BOY. BE A GOOD BOY AND FIX ALL OF THOSE.

Yeah really. TEXTURE ALIGNMENT, MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

It looks more like the upper and lower unpegging are off. and what is with that huge black spot in the second screenshot?

ShadowRunner said:

Some of you may ask why a church is in a hell themed level?
Well to be honest,i though it would be cool to have a church in a hell themed level,its surprising and makes people wonder.

I'm wondering if you really think that's even remotely original.

Indeed.

It's not that the screens themselves look bad, mind you, it's just that you've made some pretty fundamental mistakes, e.g., no upper/lower unpegging, and that's very very bad, and you should be spanked. With a board. Like Epyo said, go back upper/lower unpeg those windows. Otherwise, it's looking good, but a church in hell is not as original as you might think. Hell (no pun intended), even the original Doom had a church in hell.

I can honestly have a good angle for making maps. I could even go as far as saying it is right.

So, as far as I can tell, your deathmatch level is a single room, with no cover at that. well, I'll assume you have halls and such, but just wanted to show the main area.

Converted DOOMer said:

REMOVE 3/4 OF THOSE FUCKING CHAIRS!!! My god, this is a church, not an airline aisle.

Maybe it just has a big congregation!

Converted DOOMer said:

REMOVE 3/4 OF THOSE FUCKING CHAIRS!!! My god, this is a church, not an airline aisle.

Yeah, considering the right side of the second pic, I feel sorry for the poor bastard who has to stare at the wall.

But, then again, poor bastards would belong there... Ahhhh.

Whatever.

Hehe... I'm going to put some of my "chapels" shots...

main chapel hall

altar room (well, the altar will be placed in front of those benches...)

another 3D bridge for your delight
those last two aren't finished yet :P

Converted DOOMer said:

You talked about ShadowRunner's church being like an airplane aisle, but your church is more like an airplane runway. ;) You could park a damned 747 in there if it weren't for the 500 monsters you had teleport in!

(Yes, I tested your map a bit before. heheh)

(Not that that's a bad thing, just... DAMN your map is huge.)

Converted DOOMer said:

That version (DV_0.0) you saw is too early, since then the map has undergone some really radical changes =)

Actually, according to this WAD name, it's DV_0.3.WAD.

I still like most of the architecture and texturing of your church, though, and I'm interested in seeing the final product. :)

Try version 0.35 then, note that the number of the version has nothing to do with progress, some version (ie from 0.32 to 0.33) may completely overhaul the level, you know where...

zarkyb said:

Mmmmm, you can almost smell the framerate drop.

That smell would be very accurate, especially in the church.

Converted Doomer: And all of this is only your first map? This thing could be chopped down into about 20 differents maps in a Zdoom hub, that would REALLY help with the run speed, but I suppose you want to stick with basic Doom 2...

Thank you for your comment, but let's not forget whose thread this is: ShadowRunner's, now let's get back to opining on HIS church, and not mine, ok?

ShadowRunner, your church: take away 2/3 of those seats, especially the one that faces the wall... lol. As a church, you should have a podium. As for the lighting, you can darken the general area of the room to 144, that leaves more contrast for lights and torches if you choose to add them. Lighting, next to architecture, is one of the most important aspect of graphical beauty. If you are making a DM map, then you can pretty much ignore what I just said, but I noticed that you're aiming for looks, too. So remove many of those seats, and contrast the lighting, that's a start.

Um,It is a dm map,and yeah i removed 2/3 of those seats.The church is not the only thing for display people.As for completion,I got around 90% done in architect.When im done with that,i just gotta balance out the weapons and health,enough powerups,and you can expect a good legacy dm map.

Question to anybody: Do people still use legacy? Do people still dm with things besides dwango?