Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

cyc-b.wad "react"

finally got it up to incoming today. so should be newstuffed at the end of the week. cheers guys for sorting out all my woes over in the editing forum! i'm a bit sick of the sight of it now after a week of constant tex alignment and moving whole rooms by 4 units to line shit up! and then running through it on 3 difficulty settings in 3 different ports! (though i only partially tested it on legacy)

enjoy!

p.s. it's not deathz0r this week is it? me ph33rs teh newstuff!

It seems to be The Ultimat Doomer's week this week. He always seems to get all of my quality maps. I sent in a pack of them this week and it's his week, I wish my good maps could land on Grazza's week so he can finally stop giving me bad reviews. The only good reviews I got was from The Ultimate Doomer. I hope you map gets a good review Cycloid. With the amount of effort you put into it, maybe you'll get wad of the week?

insertwackynamehere said:

heh img-timeline

i dont get it?

as for it taking a lot of work my next map should take less than 4 months to get together and will be much more of a spanked together affair, heh.

Epyo said:

4 months on one map (!!!!!!!!)

That's nothing.

I've taken longer...
A lot longer...
As a matter of fact, I'm still working on my map. I started work on it 3 years ago. At this rate I'll probably be done by 2045.

Geez... I at least get about a map a month done... but if I finally get my own computer it may be more like a map every two weeks (I might just sit down and spend ALL night mapping).

Epyo said:

4 months on one map (!!!!!!!!)

Dude, my average map takes anywhere from two weeks to two months to pump out. My Return to the Fray map (big E1 styled map for Doom2) went through a phase for fucking 3 months last year where I did absolutely NO work on it. Right now it's in limbo as well :)

DooMBoy said:

Dude, my average map takes anywhere from two weeks to two months to pump out. My Return to the Fray map (big E1 styled map for Doom2) went through a phase for fucking 3 months last year where I did absolutely NO work on it. Right now it's in limbo as well :)

And you'd damn well better finished it. That map kicks ass.

i think you'll find that's "4 months on and off" i spend a lot of time in the pub, and then there was xmas and stuff. basically i just subtracted the time now from the time i released cyc-a.wad to get at that figure, heh. in terms of actual mapping/modding time i'd say it was at least 100 hours though. those sprites were a pain in the arse to do, even though i was modyfying existing ones (i really can not draw so a new new monster was out of the question!)

cycloid said:

i dont get it?

as for it taking a lot of work my next map should take less than 4 months to get together and will be much more of a spanked together affair, heh.

It's just some dumb image showing a timeline, and "You are here" written in red, with an arrow pointing to a time before the present. Just a dumb joke. :-/

I'm going to spend about 2 days on maps that are in the series I'm making. It's called danger. (I was surprised the name wasn't taken yet.)