Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoM

Portal issues

Hey,
deathz0r recently came across a bug with portals--not a huge one but annoying just the same. It seems that the recent Beta6 release only creates one of each portal of each type no matter how many lines you have. So, if you have multiple anchored portals in your level, they will all be the same and all but one will not be in the right place.

So anyway, it's fixed now, and will be fixed in the next release of Eternity. Also, I noticed that you can't place two different anchored portals in the same sector because if you try both portals will use the same anchor line and that will cause problems, so to fix this, I made another anchor line type. Type 299 is the new anchor linedef special for the Anchored portal to all tagged floors type (linedef special 296) this means that in the next release of eternity, 296 will not work with the 298 anchor anymore, so anyone working on a level to be released might want to hold off until the next beta of eternity is out.

That's it for now I guess, please forgive me about the bug, I was so concerned with whether different portals would work inside each other and debugging them that I forgot to test something that I assumed was going to work (bad assumption I guess). Also, highres is going to be in the next release, currently caps out at 1024x768 SO BE HAPPY!

New shots up at my site:
http://som.mancubus.net/

Hey, nice screenshoots !

Are these possible with the current version of Eternity or only with the next one?

If so, are there more example wads to show the true power of portals?

Cya!

I haven't even had time to experiment with portals yet. Guess I'll wait until the next release :) Any idea when that might be..?

Mordeth said:

I haven't even had time to experiment with portals yet. Guess I'll wait until the next release :) Any idea when that might be..?

All we have left is testing Dos mode which might have some conflicts with my high res code but I'm hoping it won't... So expect a new beta out relativly soon.