Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rellik

Anyone else having problems with Doom Connector?

I've tried it on two different win98 machines and it isn't working right on either. It seemed to start acting up just in the last few days during the last spat of updates.

Yes my OS is fully updated and it has been working fine up until a few days ago. Now when I log in apparently others can read what I type but nothing appears on my screen, just that it failed to contact the csdoom, zdaemon, and skulltag masterservers. I can see everyone there, I just can't see any of the text written adn I also can't enter rooms or change lobbys.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Details are important! What did it say in the status bar? What color was the led in the status bar? Does the whole interface freeze or can you still click things? What things can you click and what not?

Everything appears normal, but after the lines that indicate it couldn't reach the master server there is no further text displayed. I can change between the room tab, buddy list tab etc, but it refuses to enter rooms or change lobbies. At the bottom it just says "Entering room" and just sits there. If I just leave it a couple minutes later it'll read "ping timeout" and it'll log me out. I just started it up and the bottom status reads "Ready" and the led is green. Yup, and a minute later it logs me out. It doesn't seem to be freezing up as it shuts down fine (never had to ctrl+alt+delete to shut it down). Yeah I dunno whats going on.

Heh, my neice who lives two hours away has an important CD that I need to get my main computer up and running so it may be a few days before it's back online. I can come on occasionally through this machine but it's a peice of crap. :-)

Okay the solution to this problem seems to be delete Doom Connector and install it fresh. Ta da!

Hehe, probably some windows 98 thing :P Get XP or 2000 and im sure you'll have a lot less problems and annoyances.