Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cycloid

deh bitflags strangeness

in another thread somewhere someone (quite rightly) pointed out that the hell knight is a well balanced monster but the baron is a bit rubbish cos he's essentially the same but harder. well im not used to dehacked work yet but i've made it so he fires arachnotron fireballs and swaped the sprites over, so now i have quickerbetterfaster slimeballs for the baron to launch, however i decided to make them red using the color flags and instead of working properly (which they did when they were green) they just sortof fly towards the floor and get stuck in corners without impacting. why?

still lots of fun, already thinking of my next map, its gonna be more generically demonny with some minor tweaks like this :-)

The color translation flags don't change the behavior of the projectile. Are you sure you have the "projectile" flag checked?

If it is, try telling us exactly what flags are marked.

i swear i didnt change a thing

1. select arachnotron plasma ball object (in whackEd)

2. select red/grey flag, or red/brown flag, or both.

3. save

4. run game

could whackEd be exporting the flags incorrectly? i notice that when you change the speed of an object to say, 20, the deh file contains a number like 655320 too!

Speeds of projectiles are multiplied by 65536 because the Doom engine uses this too (for fixed point or something). So if the projectile flag is set, the speed, width and height will all be * 65536

*bump* i'm still having this issue, in the mean time i'm leaving them green and will probably resort to changing them manually in photoshop = pain... on a side note i tried the same thing but using the caco fireball instead and still get the same issue

Well, now that you mention it, I have had some problems with WhackEd, too. After I changed the code-pointer of the Commando, its frame number got changed the moment I saved it, even though I didn't touch it :S

So I think you should make your changes to the Baron of Hell, save it, then check if WhackEd didn't change any other things. It worked for me - but since then I prefer DeHackEd.

well it all LOOKS fine in the editor but what i tried to say before is that the editor obviously wont save the flags if they havent been changed, so there could be a buggered flag in there that breaks the powers of 2 rule or something. though i can use the two color flags on monsters no problem

one thing i'vee notied is that sometimes if you change a frame's action pointer the sprite name gets a [ at the end for no reason (e.g. SPIDA becomes SPID[)

if i knew the actual flag numbers i could try doing it manually, where do i find a list?