Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TH-555

doom3 beta info

yeah perhaps this isnt new, but I did find it quite interesting. its a file on the internet that isnt the alpha, but it is playable and includes updates by john carmack himself for the community's hacked (and debuged)engine.

maybe this is why there is no hurry to get doom3 out?

I wont get banned for citing my sources will I?

EDIT: damn. I found the file name and info, somewhat hidden, but I cant find any place to download it anyway, so no danger.

It could impossibly contain "updates by john carmack himself for the community" and it could impossibly be a reason for there being "no hurry to get doom3 out". End of discussion.

I tried out the beta tonight and I didn't like it. Way too linear, pre-scripted, and bland for my tastes. I think that the glorified gut-eating with the excited cameras was over the top, and not at all in the spirit of Doom.

AndrewB said:

I tried out the beta tonight and I didn't like it. Way too linear, pre-scripted, and bland for my tastes. I think that the glorified gut-eating with the excited cameras was over the top, and not at all in the spirit of Doom.

OMG BAN BAN BAN

AndrewB said:

I think that the glorified gut-eating with the excited cameras was over the top, and not at all in the spirit of Doom.

Yes, because Doom is a wholesome game, not at all like those evil games where you travel to a world of walls covered in Satanic imagery and splattered corpses, in the midst of Hell, and tear monsters to pieces with a chainsaw.

Any link to any non-official alpha or beta gets you instantly banned. How many times do we need to tell you guys this?