Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

Which OS do you use?

This may surprise you, but I included the fifth option for precely that reason.

Also, if someone has more than one OS -- vote for the one you usually play Doom on =)

I use Windows 2000 and Windows XP at home. My mom uses a Windows 98 machine, and I use a Windows 98 machine at work.

I also have an internet-sharing computer that runs on Linux.

WHICH ONE DO I FUCKING PICK

I dual-boot Win2k and Suse Linux on this box. Unfortunately, I'm really not in any shape to use Linux yet (since, as I've stated before, any and all documentation I've found on it reads like a Richard Simmons' diet book translated into Korean), so I mostly just stick to 2k. I like it.

DC

Windows 95/98

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

Windows95 is WORLDS better than Windows98, how dare you put them together in the same box??

I refuse to vote until you fix this atrocity.

Windows 95/98

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

Windows95 is WORLDS better than Windows98, how dare you put them together in the same box??

I refuse to vote until you fix this atrocity.

Well sorry man, but I can't make polls with 42 boxes...
:P

Well sorry man, but I can't make polls with 42 boxes...
:P

Heh, actually, you can. But that's another story.

I have Windows 98.

I have on disc:
Turbo Linux
Unix
Qunix
Windows 2K
Windows 98
Windows ME
Windows 95
Windows 3.1

My 1ghz uses Windows Me, and it runs pretty damn well.
My old 233 Pent 1 uses 98.
My laptop uses 98.
My 386 uses Windows 3.1
My 286 uses Dos 1.0

I use the MacOS (duh). Since years. Nobody will devide us - me and the apple. We are in love ^_^

Plus - on the top of the MacOS - a PC emulation with PC-Dos 7.0 and Windowz 3.11. For some ports and etitors I have a P133 (which runs W95 and is not that bad). Some things cannot be run in emulations. Maybe I will buy this machine a 200MHZ cpu for $10.00 :).
I also love my NeXT Cube, running NeXT Step. Yup.

If you're going to switch to XP in the near future, vote for XP

Switch ? I already have that ^_^
I have both winxp and win98 on my computer. I use win98 so I have a real dos mode for games like Tyrian !

I have both winxp and win98 on my computer. I use win98 so I have a real dos mode for games like Tyrian !

Awesome! There is actually a person here besides me who likes Tyrian!

The carrot is definately my favorite ship. Back when I only had the demo I managed to get all the codes for the different ships. I haven't had a chance to see if there were any more after that in the registered version, but I hope their are. Their are only two games in that genre that I would like to see remade in 3D: Tyrian and Abadox.

I just got some ship that has even more armor than the banana ship. It's called The Stalker 21.256 (prolly not the exact number). I have Zica Laser for front gun and Zica Chargers for left and right side kick. Zica lasers rule. If you want, i could post some pics of my equipment

WinXP is essentially Win2k with worlds of spyware built right into the OS. Just one more proof that Microsoft is looking out for us. Or looking into us. Ahhh hell, I can't remember which is which anymore...

DC

I just noticed that the spaces between my sentences were missing. I tried to edit them in, but they were already there. Suggestions?

DC

I just noticed that the spaces between my sentences were missing. I tried to edit them in, but they were already there. Suggestions?

The spaces are there, what's the problem?

WinXP is essentially Win2k with worlds of spyware built right into the OS. Just one more proof that Microsoft is looking out for us. Or looking into us. Ahhh hell, I can't remember which is which anymore...

DC

More stupid fucking FUD.

There's not a single company out there that's got equipment built to track the computer usage habits of even one hundred million people, Microsoft included. In fact, XP has more privacy features than before: IE6 is installed by default, with cookie protection features. Granted you can get the same by just installing IE6 on any other Windows machine ...

The only time at which a machine with Windows XP will send information about itself to Microsoft is during the activation process, and that in itself is simply only encoded information about certain pieces of your system hardware, not personal information, and if you feel paranoid enough, just call up Microsoft with the authentification number through a fucking pay phone and they'll still give you an activation number.