Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lüt

100,000th post

Mine :D

edit: I suppose I should make this something worthwhile. A few weeks ago, it was agreed upon by family and myself that I would not be living in this house beyond my next birthday, on which I'll be turning 23 (April 30). This is fine, since my last 5 or so years living here were one big mistake I'd prefer forgetting. I've spent the last few weeks looking at various locations with an affordable price for their 1-bedroom layouts. There were a few decent layouts and a lot of crappy ones, but the third location was ~*~*SiMpLy aDorAbLe <3 <3 and remains my favorite thus far. $710/month, everything except electricity included. A 2 minute drive from the largest shopping center in town. From the moment I walked in, I could instantly picture in my head how I was going to arrange every last thing I was bringing with and still have room left over for more. It would be nearly impossible for me to come up with a better layout for the given amount of space than the existing one, so here's an online Floorplans and Features page which doesn't really do the layout justice at all(first one on the page, minus furniture of course). The only problem I have is with the construction: wooden floor bases supported by steel beams for the upper levels (in constrast with every other location which used cement floor bases). All floors are carpeted or tiled and fully insulated (so I doubt I'll be writing articles like this within the first few weeks), so the only reason it's a problem is because a wooden floor base poses more of a fire hazard than a cement floor base. Normally I wouldn't care about this, especially since my apartment will be on the first floor which is cement anyway, but after the ditz of a manager said "...and it was kinda cold outside so I grilled dinner inside and it was such a hassle and there was smoke all in everything and the fire alarms were going off and the kids were crying lol", I began to worry just a little. Regardless, I re-visited this location a few days later, taking exact measurements of every wall and transferring them to a Doom 2 map with a 1 inch = 1 pixel ratio, same with all my incoming items, and it turns out my first impression was right: all my incoming items fit in their proper locations within an inch. This is so stupidly perfect I know it has to be made for me, so I made a move on it this afternoon. It turns out they allow co-signing, so I went with my mom and we filled in the application together. The application fee was $35 (non-refundable) and the initial security deposit came to $150 (refundable if I choose to not to lease the apartment, but for now it reserves the apartment in my name). I just got a call from the receptionist a few minutes ago saying we're approved and pose a low enough risk that we're able to get the minimum total security deposit of $300. The current occupant will be moved out by the beginning of April, the apartment will be cleaned and repainted during the following week and we're going to check it out on April 7. If it's all good, I'll sign the lease and pick up the key on April 10. What's the word... oh yeah, "FRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOMMM"

Congrats! :p

Ummm, I emailed you a few times at your wetdrywall addy concerning that NDCP map. All I want to know is what your intentions are. Heh. Can't PM you either here or there, don't have any messenger linkage to you, your email don't work for some reason and besides smoke signals this forum is my only option in askin ya what's up.

Yeah, I made the 100,005th post. Lüt...you have some 'splaining to do!

Doom Dude said:

Ummm, I emailed you a few times at your wetdrywall addy concerning that NDCP map. All I want to know is what your intentions are. Heh. Can't PM you either here or there, don't have any messenger linkage to you, your email don't work for some reason and besides smoke signals this forum is my only option in askin ya what's up.

Oh, sorry I haven't used that email account in months. It only still exists because every time I call to cancel it, they insist on giving me 2 more months free to reconsider. It collects so much spam it's not even worth trying to find legitimate mails in it anymore. dudzik@doomworld.com is the only account I check regularly, you'll get the quickest response (by my standards) if you write me there.

Bloodshedder said:

Some posts must've been deleted or moved because this forum was already above 100000.

Shhhhh, quiet you.

(I blogged the Water on Mars thread.)

Lüt said:

"...and it was kinda cold outside so I grilled dinner inside and it was such a hassle and there was smoke all in everything and the fire alarms were going off and the kids were crying lol"

Heh, that sounds quite funny.

Sorry, I read about 1/3 of the topic message and suffered block-paragraph relapse.

By the way, congratulations on your 100,000th post.

AndrewB said:

By the way, congratulations on your 100,000th post.

I think he means he made the 100,000th post in the WHOLE FORUMS. And congrats Lüt!

Doom Dude said:

Roger that Lüt.

Yay. Just forward whatever you sent previously if you want.

AndrewB said:

Sorry, I read about 1/3 of the topic message and suffered block-paragraph relapse.

Pffft, if you think that's bad you should have heard me break the world's fastest talker record when I started telling people over the phone.

Dron said:

I think he means he made the 100,000th post in the WHOLE FORUMS.

Everything Else. Although it's probably more like 125,000th post counting everything that's been blogged, post helled or deleted.

'Bout damn time Looooooooooot! :D
Congratulations on the 100,000th post, and congrats on getting your own place.

Cyb said:

and not a single one spam

Heh, I thought about the fact that he his posts are 10% of the total count. Then I read this post.

That is awesometacular to the max. :D Congratulations man, the place sounds greatulicious too. :D I am happy for you. :D Freedom is fun, hence why there is the Freedom Force! :D And congratulations on the post Dee-Lee Doodle. :D First to 10,000 and to post the 100,000. :D

:D