Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoost

New screen and article

I like the screenshot..

I think if Doom never existed and Doom3 was simply called Doom, we would be amazed at these creatures.

I agree with you entirely on the ship bit. Also, we have all seen pictures of nice clean walls in some of the lab pics etc...

I think the rev look like a great approximation of the look they were originally trying to create....and maybe his hands look too big 'cos the shot is one where he is reaching a little into the camera..you know..

AndrewB said:
Having monsters blast through walls for no reason than the fact that you just entered the room is extremely lame.

THANK THE GODS! You finally said something I disagree with again. You know, I was close to despair with finding myself in agreement with all your other previous comments that did make sense. Phew! Good to know that this Rift in the Universe has finally been sealed, Order restored and Everything now exactly as it Should Be.

C&VG had a "brand new & exclusive" Doom 3 screenshot yesterday... which looks suspiciously similar to the new sceenshot on Gamespy that this thread was originally about. (read: it's the exact same darned shot, except with "Computer and video Games.com" in place of the Gamespy logo)

I've just seen the screenie.
Like, whats wrong with it?
The Reverent in this shot is sweeet, and the area looks like a maintainance corridor, so the problem is?

So after all those 'OMG can't wait' posts we're now at 'Doom3 sucks!'? It hasn't even come out yet.

I agree with Dubh, and sorry Scabbed Angel I was reffering to the guy who was talking about the creatures not having character. And yea, I take'em seriously, they hurt me plenty.

Guys - it's "revenant" as opposed to "reverent." This error has shown up numerous times in this thread.

mje said:

Guys - it's "revenant" as opposed to "reverent." This error has shown up numerous times in this thread.

I wonder... Has anyone seen such a mistake in the General Doom forum? I've never seen one.

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that Doom 3 will suck, despite the fact that they haven't even had a chance to play the damn game yet!

Oh and btw, aren't the classic Doom demons pretty generic too? I seem to think they are.

Psyonisis said:

As for the revenant, I think it's an almost perfect update of the original, except the hands are a little too big.

"It's clobberin' time!"

;-)

mje said:

Probably me... whoops. Heh. I hate that monster, always have always will... I REFUSE to spell it right! ; ). Oh, don't worry bout it Janderson. In the imortal words of Mickey Knox, "Its cool."

Dubh-As for the reason the pinkie eats the zombie, good observation, but people who haven't seen the alpha wouldn't know that. I think Senor B was refering to the clips of it in various vids like the Legacy. Good observation though. : )

I think Doom 3, as one can tell, will be an awesome game. Not the original, and to be honest I was a little disapointed when I first saw the vids that it didn't have that nostolgic feel of the old games, so I know how many of you feel. It will be an awesome game in the end to me. There are very few complaints I have.

dsm said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that Doom 3 will suck, despite the fact that they haven't even had a chance to play the game yet!

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that Doom 3 will rock, despite the fact that they haven't even had a chance to play the game yet!

AndrewB said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that Doom 3 will rock, despite the fact that they haven't even had a chance to play the game yet!

Touche.

BTW, there have been people like AndrewB (i.e. constantly whining about how "games used to be better") since the early 80's. In fact, I bet there were people who said the same thing when Chess was first invented. I guess such people will simply never learn that those other people who do like something couldn't give at c**p that they don't.

AndrewB, try to understand that everyone else hates your whining just as much as you hate Doom 3, if not more so. So please, do both yourself and us a favour and just try to forget the game even exists and go play Space Invaders or something instead, 'k?

AndrewB said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot people seem to be judging Doom 3, despite the fact that they haven't even had a chance to play the game yet!

NiGHTMARE said:

BTW, there have been people like AndrewB (i.e. constantly whining about how "games used to be better") since the early 80's. In fact, I bet there were people who said the same thing when Chess was first invented. I guess such people will simply never learn that those other people who do like something couldn't give at c**p that they don't.

AndrewB, try to understand that everyone else hates your whining just as much as you hate Doom 3, if not more so. So please, do both yourself and us a favour and just try to forget the game even exists and go play Space Invaders or something instead, 'k?

Of all the respectable people in the community, you were among the last that I would expect to start flaming.

Janderson said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot people seem to be judging Doom 3, despite the fact that they haven't even had a chance to play the game yet!

You win!

Although, in everyone's defense, there's no way that you couldn't form an opinion one way or another. The biggest factor, imo, is how you present yourself. If you flame (either way) you're only making yourself look foolish. Although to a degree, we're all guilty of this from time to time.

"Abortions for all"
*boos*
"Okay.... Abortions for none!"
*boos*
"Fine, abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!"
*applause*

Too bad id doesn't have Kang. Everyone would be happy, then. Until the enslavement of our collective species, that is.

I'm not flaming, I'm simply pointing out that someone who constantly moans about something that everyone else likes isn't doing anyone any good, himself included. I'm afraid you need to try to remember that people who like something don't like it when people bash that thing.

Doom 3 annoys you, seeing people such as yourself always complaining about it annoys everyone else. Unfortunately none of us can do anything about the former, but you have it within your power to do something about the latter.

In the end, it'll make you happier if you just stick with playing the games you love and stop griping about the games you hate, not just us!

Scabbed Angel said:

You win!

Although, in everyone's defense, there's no way that you couldn't form an opinion one way or another. The biggest factor, imo, is how you present yourself. If you flame (either way) you're only making yourself look foolish. Although to a degree, we're all guilty of this from time to time.

"Abortions for all"
*boos*
"Okay.... Abortions for none!"
*boos*
"Fine, abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!"
*applause*

Too bad id doesn't have Kang. Everyone would be happy, then. Until the enslavement of our collective species, that is.

Yea, but I'm talking about the use of modal verbs, they're too damned definate. It will suck, or it could or might suck. Which sounds nicer? Or even IMHO it will suck. You know?

AndrewB said:

I've seen a few of the enemies - love 'em.
I've read about some of the gameplay elements - love 'em.
I've seen some footage - love it.

From what I've seen of Doom 3, I know there'll be at least some aspects that will make it rock, even if there are aspects I don't know of yet that wil turn out sucky, and from that I think I've enough solid facts to conclude that it will rock - for me at least.
Hell, RtCW still rocked for me, even if it didn't turn out anywhere near as good as I'd hoped.

Note that I didn't explicitly state that "Doom 3 will rock - this is an eternal truth and you must all adhere to it or die!".

You have seen some limited footage and read some limited stuff about the game, but you do not, imho, have enough facts handy to ascertain whether or not the game will truly suck - what if the final game turns out to have just one element that you'll like (or a few enemies not yet revealed that will appeal to you)? As unlikely as that may seem to you, this may actually happen one day (not necessarily with Doom 3, but with another game perhaps - it's happened to me before and I can be pretty stubborn in my taste/distaste for a game as you've no doubt already seen). All you know so far, is that what you've heard/seen/read about Doom 3 thus far, does not appeal to you.

Fine, I respect your personal opinion for you're entitled to it (and nobody's forcing you to post your opinion here), but not your decision to make everyone else's time here in the Doom 3 forum sheer misery. Your behaviour, no offence, makes me believe you're just trolling rather than stating your opinion, but that's just my opinion ;-)

Edit: (I don't know why I even bother - this guy is just here to piss us off anyway).

AndrewB said:

Having monsters blast through walls for no reason than the fact that you just entered the room is extremely lame.

And this never happened in the original Doom? Sure, they didn't bust through the wall literally, but a mystical wall door often opened just because the player was there. I'm willing to guarantee you that there was a lot more of that stuff in the original Doom than there will be in Doom3!

Shaviro said:

And this never happened in the original Doom? Sure, they didn't bust through the wall litteraly, but a mystical wall door often opened just because the player was there.

Owned by applied logic.

NiGHTMARE said:

I'm not flaming, I'm simply pointing out that someone who constantly moans about something that everyone else likes

This last part doesn't describe Doom 3 at all. How can "everyone like" an unreleased game?

isn't doing anyone any good, himself included. I'm afraid you need to try to remember that people who like something don't like it when people bash that thing.

I think you need to realize that this is doomworld.com, not doom3world.com. There is no sign on the forum that says "DOOM 3 FAN SITE -- POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY." If there was one, I would stop posting negative comments.

As an extreme example, what about E.T. for Atari, or Enter The Matrix? Should no one ever be allowed to criticise them just because some people enjoy the game?

Doom 3 annoys you, seeing people such as yourself always complaining about it annoys everyone else.

You do not speak for everyone else.

Unfortunately none of us can do anything about the former, but you have it within your power to do something about the latter.

In the end, it'll make you happier if you just stick with playing the games you love and stop griping about the games you hate, not just us!

Again, this is not doom3world.com. This community is tightly integrated with the Classic Doom community. I think you need to learn to take both the positive and negative comments.

AndrewB said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people see this as a problem ON A DOOM 3 FROUM!

Janderson said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people seem to be judging DooM 3 By the pictures that accurately depict events in the game!

From what we've seen from screenshots and trailers, we can only learn what's going to be expected in game and what kind of specific tricks that id is trying to pull on us. To me, the depth of personality can only be truly tapped into your heart in actions in game.

Black Hand said:

I find it utterly hilarious that a lot of people seem to be judging DooM 3 By the pictures that accurately depict events in the game!

Not to mention the videos and the beta...

Dubh said:

I think the Rev fits fine into the Doom3 environment, after all, this is hellspawn on a human base. I would think it will fit right into the hellish levels we are to expect. Also, not seeing this creature in motion doesn't do it justice.

Ok, I'll be more specific. The main complaints I have heard (and hold myself) about the revenant are not that it does not fit in graphically or thematically, but that the design looks incongruent (too cartoony mainly) with Doom3's environment and other enemies.

I agree, the Revenant looks too cartoony and since I didnt liked the original Revenant design because of it´s silly Halloween style, I didn´ t really like the new design either. A mummified corpse with one big shoulder mounted rocketlauncher would be soo much cooler. Well, we can still make replacement models when the game comes out :)

AndrewB has as much right to argue that Doom3 will not hold up to expectations as people who argue it will. No flamewars or trolling here, please.

Sorry guys, but I not only agree wholeheartedly with AndrewB and his incessant whining (first for me), but I want to put the ball forward in saying this:

The screenshots actually sucked, and from the looks of it, I'm actually now looking more forward to the realism and smoothness of Half Life 2 then the edgy, ridge-filled shit you see from the screenshot. Its horrifying, but to make matters worse is a shit-looking, uninspired demon which even a little kid would get disheartened if he made it. Disgusting stuff.

(Can't believe I said that)

The only saving grace is the fact that WE have not played the game, so who is to say how that will work out, though I have serious doubts about that as well.

Bitch on!