Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dukextreme

Doom 3001 - The Ultimate Doom 2 Mod TC Forever

Well, some descriptions and/or screenshots should be nice. You can't motivate anyone to download your mod if you don't say what is about. Also, is for DOOM, or Duke Nukem?

I've played some of it already and it looks like it's just stuff thrown together, and I don't think any of that stuff's original or if the people who did the stuff inside that wad have been credited. It also appears to have levels generated by SLIGE, which is unoriginal.

Sorry, but there have been projects that did this before (like my 'Cacodemon Squad' MOD and Cube (The MOD, not the Engine) ), and have at least put the creators of said resources in the credits in the accompanying text file.

Next time Dukextreme, when you do a project, try to have more originality.

Vegeta: The project's for Doom 2.

WOOLIE WOOL PART TOO

Not bad. If this had real levels than I'd say it's pretty good.

insertwackynamehere: It's a custom avatar that I uploaded for use a long time ago, before the whole uploading problem for the Telefragged servers occurred (which seems to also be a problem for demo attachments).

This had better be a joke. Otherwise, you're worse than Woolie Wool. At least he admitted that it was a Slige megawad, and he didn't "borrow" anything from other games.

Heh, the number 5 entry in the FAQ is quite funny. Nice Wooly Whool spoof, whoever you are.

OMG SLIEGE MAKES AWESOM MAPS NE1 GOT HIS EMAILA DDRESS???????

..And the sad thing is, if you take out the crappy SLIGE levels, this is actually pretty decent

yeah, i actually found this playable, fun and satisfying under the new zdoom. Except the SLIGE levels get annoying quickly, but it would be more fun with real levels.

Except for the fact that everything is stolen from other wads and games.

Weapons from: Doom 64 TC and the Doom alphas
Enemies from: Strife and Heretic
Textures and flats from: Freedoom
Music from: ROTT
Levels made in: SLIGE

Number of times any of the above are mentioned in the accompanying .txt files: 0

he's only made one post so far too.

so we can't be sure if this is a joke or not... unless it says so in the text files, which i haven't read...

Oh my God I couldn't help but laugh at the readme. take this for example:

Q5. What's that shape in the ceiling at the beginning of every map?
A5. It's a 5, which stand for the 5 deadly sins.

It's really an "S" as in SLIGE SUCKS.

This also tickled my funny bone:

* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.

But yet I don't see anyone in the credits except his cat.

EarthQuake said:

But yet I don't see anyone in the credits except his cat.

Heh.

OK then, it's clearly a joke. What a waste of time to make something like that, even if it was mostly stolen stuff and all the maps were SLIGEd.

Calling this a joke wad is like saying "I am wearing a hat made of salami!" is a viable punch-line. Wads like BENNYH.WAD and GOBLET.WAD were actually funny because they weren't the same old ripped-sprites and bad maps, but actually were, like... weird...