Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DemonRage

Direct3D doom?

Ok, i am at my aunts for a few months looking for work. The computer is a p2-350 w/64mb ram and a rage IIC card. it supports d3d only. is there any doom add-ons similar to gldoom or gllegacy that use d3d rather then opengl or support both.

Direct3D doesn't suck. Quit saying things as if you know what you're talking about.

Yes, there are several Direct3D doom ports, most notably, Jdoom and Vavoom.

Use JDoom, at least it doesn't have most of the problems that Vavoom does.

Unfortunately, it takes a while before you realize that you really DO have to increase the zone on it... (-maxzone 192M is a good idea)

You mean JDoom. (period <- holy Christ, I spelled it right this time!)

Vavoom eats a bag of Hell. I've never been able to get the damn thing to run and I'm not going to GL-node one of my iwads.

You mean JDoom. (period <- holy Christ, I spelled it right this time!)

Vavoom eats a bag of Hell. I've never been able to get the damn thing to run and I'm not going to GL-node one of my iwads.

That's what .GWA files are for, silly.

Vavoom r0x0rz your c0x0r. And GLBSPing your IWADS doesn't take long at all. It's GLVIS-ing Gothic99.wad. >_< Took like 9 hours on a 2.4Ghz P4 and like 7 on a 1.9Ghz Athlon.

Well, hmm. I was gonna post this last night.
but I got disconnected before I could post.

THE best, bar none, is Jdoom.
It's the best looking port, and one of the only ones with Direct3D.
I dunno about Vavoom, I played it once, and was impressed until I got the latest of every other port availabe.
Bu-bye vavoom. Don't come back.

The only problem with Jdoom is that it has no other "features" like 3D floors, and stuff like that.
Although SkyJake's main objective was to bring the Doom Engined games upto decent standards. Which he has done.
He seems to be working on dehacked support and XG sector types. could be good. STAY AWAY FROM THE MD2's!
The latest pack is okayish. the HUD weapons are decent
but most of it is still crap.

JDoom still ownz tho.

Flathead.

Direct3D sucks?
Not really, I try to use Direct3D over OpenGL at the moment becuase I get better results than GL.
That's just my opinion tho.

Direct3D is good enough.

What, so you prefer I write one whole sentence that you have to scroll sideways for hours to read?

No. (Actually, I'm not sure that's possible, but I could try.........nah...I wont)

I just press enter when I want to start a new line.
I am allowed to.
What if I complained when YOU did something I don't like?
(My post count will overtake Lüt's in seconds!)
(Naw......Just kidding)

I'd like to take this moment and note that even The John Carmack Himself isn't ripping Direct3D like he used to do.

Direct3D improves by leaps and bounds every time MS releases a new DirectX and development package.

I'd like to take this moment and note that even The John Carmack Himself isn't ripping Direct3D like he used to do.

Direct3D improves by leaps and bounds every time MS releases a new DirectX and development package.

What, so you prefer I write one whole sentence that you have to scroll sideways for hours to read?

That wont happen. Just write in plain paragraphs like everyone else, your posts are very irritating to read otherwise.

Poem, damn you I'll write you a friggin poem.

You suck.
You Stupid.........

Better not continue that one.
Hmm. I'm just gonna ignore the poem comments.
I will try, however if I can't I will hunt him
down and force him to listen to an old Beach Boys album!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Doom95 uses Direct3D, ZDooM uses Direct3D... etc. etc. etc.

But Direct3D sux really, becuz it screws up my 24 and 32-bit video modes in the game Unreal(way off topic :)

De Zeurkous
-----------

Friggin' Machines!

doom95 is horrible, i think he wants the 3D card effects not software mode, almost everything uses direct 3d but many of those programs display in software mode. OpenGL is far better, i am sure the card supports opengl, try geting a drvier. I have never heard of a card being only direct3d, because direct3d is software just as opengl. If the card cant use opengl it may mean the card is shit and can only run things in software mode.