Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

How many Frags?

What's the most frags you've ever gotten in a single deathmatch session? 100? 200? 300? more?

I was dancing with some bots to some kick ass techno, and after 100 frags I was thinking I prolly should stop, cause I don't usually dm much longer than that. But I was having fun and the gameplay wasn't ever getting boring so I kept on slugging it out, before i knew it I was approaching 200 frags and decided I'd stop after 200. But I was having fun and the gameplay wasn't getting boring and the wad was pretty kick ass so I kept on slugging it out. I came up on 300 and decided I'd definately stop after 300, because this was certainly getting out of hand the amount of frags I was getting and how long I was DMing for. But after I blazed through 300 the music was still kicking ass and I was having fun so I figured, well, by 400 I'll be totally pooped and will stop then. 400 and I was still going strong. Wow, I was gonna hit 500, pretty nuts. I must be crazy. So I decided I'd stop as soon as this 73 minute techno track finished playing since it was kicking so much ass and it was a lot of fun to dm to.

At 600 frags I thought it should have ended. At 950 it finally did. And I finally pulled away at 1225 frags as I decided if I kept going much longer I'd get carpel tunnel syndrom or RSI forever. The whole time I was thinking hitting 1,000 frags would be pretty cool but never would I be able to keep up intensity of play to do that- or would be able to play that long. But somewhere after 800 I realized that I had a shot at 1,000.

I was dming for about 165 minutes, or a little less than 3 hours.

If you want the wad that I did this on, you can pick it up schmolze.com/~jacobi/dw58d.zip]here or PM me.

What's the most frags you've ever racked up in one dming session?

I have a demo, but I doubt anyone would want to watch such an absurdly long demo fo DM.

In real deathmatch, probably 50 since that's what the fraglimits often are on ZDaemon.

I have no idea how much against bots. Possibly a lot, since I used to mess around with them quite a bit.

coo-ell - I making dm wads again... i might release another mega in the next zorb. if you have already played greenwar and liked it - you might want t get r-mega.wad.

This has been a paid advertisement by the Jacobi Estate. (no it hasn't, but pretend it was)

Did it actually display a four digit frag count? That would be a nice screenshot. :-)

i think with some friends I reached 200 frags in a 3way DM with a custom DM map. Was under doom2.exe at that time.

Rellik said:
Did it actually display a four digit frag count? That would be a nice screenshot. :-)

Stealthy Ivan said:

I think in Doom 1/2 it went up to 99.

I was playing zdoom and had the screen sized maxed out so that only the health, ammo and frags were displayed on the screen. 999 was displayed in my view, but when I pressed the button to show me how many frags everyone had, it said 1225. I will have to get a screenshot. I meant to before I quit the game, but forgot.

The most I've ever done in a legitimate 1v1 against a human was somewhere between 150 and 200.

mje said:

The most I've ever done in a legitimate 1v1 against a human was somewhere between 150 and 200.

I think the most I've done in a live game is in the same neighborhood - I think it was a 3-way.

I usually play against my brother with a lan connection. He has a laptop. playing on one of my custom wads or one of his, we usually get up into the 200's after playing for an hour. online i usually get about 10. after half an hour. becuase i only have a 33.6K modem. really laggy.

One night a friend and I went up over 1000 on Playstaion. I dont remember what the final score was, something like 1000 something to 800 something, but it took quite a while.

Admiral Thrawn said:

One night a friend and I went up over 1000 on Playstaion. I dont remember what the final score was, something like 1000 something to 800 something, but it took quite a while.

Wow, [st]Imperssive[/st]

Do you happen to remember what map it was on?

Admiral Thrawn said:

I cant remember for sure. It was either Entryway, Dead Simple, or Redemption Denied.

heh, what's the last one? Any good?

Hellbent said:

heh, what's the last one? Any good?

Redemption Denied is the last level on Playstation replacing Icon of Sin. Its a good small level for deathmatch.

It is amazing how crap people are at Doom when they come over to my house and do multiplayer with me. I usually punch them to death.