Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bookworm87

Is Dialup to dialup just as fast as DSL to DSL ?

hi. i have dialup. im stuck with dialup for a while. When i use any of the ports to play. i get lag and it really sucks cause i am usually really good but the lag makes me suck cause i cant move anywhere. what i was wondering was. If i connect directly to someone else with dialup by modem. would it be just as speedy as a lan connection or Dsl to Dsl. if so. is there anyone who would be willing to play me.

No, it'd be pretty laggy still. Your best bet is to plan LAN, if possible, or in the future, get broadband. I can relate, because I'm sort of in the same boat as you are as far as that issue is concerned.

And man - learn how to type with a better sense of connectivity and full phrases. :)

Yah. I'm getting dialup in the future. Like, a month or a bit more in the future. So when that happens. I shouldn't have a problem. But, I guess until then, I'm stuck deathmatching against my brother over our LAN connection. Sorry about the grammar in the first post. I was in a bit of a hurry to get the post posted because I had needed to go. I'll try to be more grammatically correct in further posts. Thankyou for replying.

bookworm87 said:

Yah. I'm getting dialup in the future. Like, a month or a bit more in the future. So when that happens. I shouldn't have a problem.

Dialup isn't gonna be very good.

oops. stupid me. I meant to type DSL. man. people must have been thinking me wierd. as for what port i use. i use zdaemon, doom legacy, skulltag, zdoom. which ever suits my fancy at any particular moment.