Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinSmasher

Doom Republic Community Project

Doom Republic has started a community project that will replace all 32 levels of Doom 2. Map sign-ups are now occuring in this thread:
http://forums.doomrepublic.com/showthread.php?t=529
So sign-up today.

The Rules for the Contest are as Follows:

1)Make maps for an limit-removing port. No specific port maps allowed. This may change.
2)If you would like to make new sprites or sounds please sign up soon to do this, otherwise we wont have any.
3)You may use whatever music for your level(s), we just ask that you tell us if you are using something other than the Doom2 music for your level to make sure no one picks the same.
4)You can have new textures and flats if you want them. Give them unique names so they don't conflict with other textures. We will request you to send in your textures so we can make a resource WAD for everyone to use.
5)You can make your map any theme you want.
6)Support all skill levels and make difficulty average.
7)You need atleast 2-3 secrets in your map.
8)No size limit - just no really tiny or mega-huge maps
9)No time limit - atleast not yet since this just began.

PumpkinSmasher, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Argh! All these new projects popping up everywhere are getting severly annoying

PumpkinSmasher, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

No no, he used the magic words "community project", which are designed to ward off any use of the newproject tag

deathbringer said:

No no, he used the magic words "community project", which are designed to ward off any use of the newproject tag

i couldnt resist..

Imp said:

i couldnt resist..

Yes well don't abuse the tag. It's not really fair towards the project people.

Melfice said:

These community projects are beginning to get old...

Yeah, I really liked it when getting a slot on one of those were special.
If you have 5 community projects going on at one time, then it's kinda pointless.

I'm using it to force myself to do a run of the mill doom level. I always tend to use zdoom's features.

I want at least one generic level done by me.

I dont like ZDoom only maps. I like to be able to play a map on any port.
And, I'm in the Doom Republic project! I have map22 and map15. Jow is in it, which is good.