• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

How long?

How long have you been around?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been around?

How long have you been dooming? I've started dooming in 2000 quit then came back a year ago and just joined the commune 4-5 month's ago. How about you?

EDIT: Whoever fixed the poll up thanks! :)

Anyone been around since the very beginning? That would make for a good interview! :)

First played in '93. Got my own rig running Doom in '94 or so, before the release of Doom2.

'94. friends got me into it... my parents actually played the game before I did. Now, this would be considered a psycho family. =) ( which, my family is!)

On and off since '97, but much more religiously since the summer of 2003 (around the time when i stumbled across this site actually)

Early 1994.

I had given this thread a more descriptive title ("How long have you been dooming?") before moving it from EE, but it seemed to get reset somewhere along the line. Weird.

I watched my dad play when he first got in in 93/94, but he wouldn't let me play it until 96 or so, which is when I got uber into it. Thats also when I first got the internet, and that was one of the first things I looked up (the other two before it were Magic: the Gathering and Civ 2).

I remember seeing Doom being played when I was about ten years old, so that would 1994. But I never actually played the game until late 1996.

I started in summer 96 when I got my first computer. One of the games on ti were... guess.

end of '93

a single episode of ShareWare Doom, gosh, I was so fucking scared playing this as a 7 year old...

Err, is this topic supposed to be about when we started playing Doom or when we joined the on-line Doom community? Because the thread name seems to be asking the latter, while the first post appears to be asking the former.

In any event, I first played Doom about a month after the shareware version came out, and joined the on-line community (the now extinct Compuserve Doom forums to be precise) in mid '96)... though I visited a Doom webpage (Dr. Sleep's if I remember correctly) for the first time in early '95 :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Err, is this topic supposed to be about when we started playing Doom or when we joined the on-line Doom community? Because the thread name seems to be asking the latter, while the first post appears to be asking the former.

When you started playing doom. Yeah it was confusing. I was typing and falling asleep at the same time

I'm not sure if it was December 93, or sometime early in 94. I was only eight, and it was the coolest game ever. I had to go to a friend's house to play it though, as my computer couldn't run it. In fact, my computer could barely handle Wolfenstein 3D. I know if was before DOOM II came out, though, because I had been into it for months and months, and then DOOM II came - soooo....

Not sure, but I think it was probably 1995 or so when I played Doom for the very first time. Don't quote me on that, though.

I was obsessed with Doom when I was about for 5-6. I never really got to play truly until 1999 (late 1998?).

I would play as a reward for stuff back then, though, but 1999 was the true year it all began for me.

I was in that godly hell of a wait for it to be uploaded so we could get the damned thing, turns ou the surver wouldn't upload because we were impatient and kept posting messages. But finally, sitting at the computer for about a DAY. We got it. I have been doming since then, and I still doom, using mainly mods, it's just that fun!

DooMBoy said:

Not sure, but I think it was probably 1995 or so when I played Doom for the very first time.

Uhh, well, I've been in the "community" since about 1999. Not sure when I first played Doom, probably 1994 or 1995.

Dr. Octopus or Cutmanmike (the one from Zdoom forums) sent me an old version of Zdoom in *gasp* 2002 and I played it a bit, didn't get really interested until like last year though when another friend introduced me to Skulltag.