Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Comrads! Call to arms!

I have this old frend, who used to go to school with. he got kept back a year when he first arrived so he's still in school. anyhow, this is one of thoses full on fundermentist(There's no way in hell thats spelt right) religous schools. And I do mean FULL ON. It is warped! Sicence there is fucked, coz thay don't beleave in Darwin' theroy, Creation only. If you are cought Reading a book and/or looking up a sight about evalotion, detion for a week, and you have to copy long passages of the bible, and denoce darwan in front of the school. My mate once made the mastake of saying "GOD DAMN IT!" Nearly got booted out for that! But the most Fucked up thing there is the Computer teacher. The first day he was there, the computer teacher got up infront of the class, gave a speech on the evil of games, (this was after the us highschool shooting, Were thay blamed doom for inspiring the boys to go postal on there classmates) took out a Doom II CD looked the girls is the class and said, And I quote:"You girls whant to marry a MAN!" *SNAPPED* the CD in half, "$20 down the drane!".

Now I didn't beleave him eather, but it turend out that my mother knows him, and he was at a BBQ with some of my parents frends. my mate was there to, and he pointed him out. I saw this bloke look at my puta, and the game boxes around it, grab the Doom II box, and have a word to my father. I ran up to this mother fucker, snached the box off him, and said in the nicest possable way:"touch it agian, and i break your fingers.K?".

What say we grab some pointy things and pay him a visit?

Has anyone else got any anti doomers storys?

well, its not reall an anti doom story, but its a story about my computer teacher......... all we did was type. well any ways, she hands out some CDs and says not to put the CD on the computer or it will make it go blank, i almost fell out of my chair, oh yeah, whats even more laughable is that people believed here, i felt like smacking the bitch, but she was so damned old it may have killed her......... OFF TO SCHOOL!!!!!!

What say we grab some pointy things and pay him a visit?

heh. Does that involve chainsaw(s) or isn't that pointy enough ^_^

HMMM. I CAN'T HELP BUT ESCAPE THE FEELING THAT I'VE SEEN THIS THREAD SOMEWHERE BEFORE!

Damn, I hope this is the last frikkin time I have to do this...

CAN DOOM CAUSE OR INSPIRE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, SATANISM, OR OTHER VIOLENT OR UNACCEPTABLE ACTS?

Of course.

DOES IT MATTER IF DOOM WAS THE CAUSE OF SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, SATANISM, OR OTHER VIOLENT OR UNACCEPTABLE ACTS?

Not at all.

I believe deadnail said something the last time this evil recurring thread popped up... was it

"FUCKED UP PEOPLE WILL DO FUCKED UP THINGS IRREFUCKINGGARDLESS"

Yeah, that was it. Anybody inspired into killing by doom, then you were a freaking psycho to start with. You've heard it all before...

"He was a good boy until the evil games and movies and music came along!"

...good enough to take games and song lyrics literally?

And barring all that, no matter how normal the young killer is/was, trying to justify killing by blaming it on a game is just plain sickening, and anybody who does so has a very twisted sense of right and wrong.

NOW PLEASE, let's try not to get another of these threads for at least a month.

HMMM. I CAN'T HELP BUT ESCAPE THE FEELING THAT I'VE SEEN THIS THREAD SOMEWHERE BEFORE!

CAN DOOM CAUSE OR INSPIRE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, SATANISM, OR OTHER VIOLENT OR UNACCEPTABLE ACTS?

Umm, no.

This is to do with how fucked up this school is.

Umm, no.

I went off upon seeing what you wrote about your computer teacher... and I have only seen about a million of these "anti-doomer experiences" threads.

Umm, no.

I went off upon seeing what you wrote about your computer teacher... and I have only seen about a million of these "anti-doomer experiences" threads.

HAY HAY HAY!!

He's not my computer teacher! I would have killed him years ago! I do know him however. My mate told me about the anti doom thing.

and i'm sorry about all the anti doom stories, but that event just has to be shared!!

You act like you never spit in a teacher's face or threw your books in the trash can on the way out before. Grow up. =)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

My uncle is a Pastor (A dang good one at that)and his son used to play Doom all the time, and he didn't care. He still wouldn't care to this day, either. Heck, I was playing Doom on his comp at the age of 6 and he didn't care! Maybe that's because we're Baptists. :) Either that, or maybe it's the fact that I was blowing away Satan's forces by the
barrelful. (Probably not that reason...)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

And another thing... my brother goes to a Christian school, but it ain't as batty as the one you described. You won't get booted out for swearing, but you'll prolly get 'demerits.' Get a certain amount of demerits, you'll prolly get suspended and such. But you do get expelled if you are caught with alcohlic beverages or drugs. Also, they aren't incredibly sensitive about the computer gaming issue. They have Age of Empires installed on their comp network, but prolly not Doom. (Well, duh.)

has anyone else used this trick: in medieval times, you were allowed to have a cup of ale with your test. a teacher let us provided we bring a sword. only one person (not me, i don't have a sword) did it. someone tried it without a sword and was fined 10 gold pieces.

THEY HAVE AGE OF EMPIRES?!?!?! THE SECOND ONE!??! WHERE SALADIN BEATS THE CHRISTIANS IN 2 CRUSADES?!

Yeah, that was it. Anybody inspired into killing by doom, then you were a freaking psycho to start with. You've heard it all before...

My thoughts exactly. The only people that are going to be affected by Doom are people that are pretty screwed up already. You cant really make laws based on the effect that they might have on insane people.

Fraggle, I'm surprised I don't see a warning label on the bottom of my keyboard that reads, "Don't stick this up your ass! We're serious!"

I was talking about DOOM in school, my teacher heard the words "DOOM" and she said "Andy, that game is horrible." I countered with a "The main character is killing DEMONS FROM HELL TO SAVE EARTH and you say it is evil? Whats so evil about saving Earth?". She said "You kill people" I said "All the people in the game are zombies" she said "The game is evil, end of disscussion". Fuck her dude, shes an ignorant fool.

If you kill people in a game, they'll complain about it alright. No matter what the game's about, it's pure evil. Hate those arguments.

I see it this way:

As long as the person knows the distinction from reality and fantasy, then it's fine by me to play violent games.

To get into somewhat of a psychology lecture here, I think it is almost a proven fact that by the time a child reaches 5 years of age, they begin to ask questions about the world. They'll definitely start out with something simple, like what a certain word means. If the parent is a good parent (like mine were), then the he or she will answer the child with the correct answer, but only enough information for them to understand so that they don't get the wrong impression.

Sidetracking for a minute, I believe the whole problem lies in the parenting as well.

Anway, back to what I was talking about. I say my parents are good parents for one reason and one reason only: they never sheltered me from the media completely. You know how you have to be 17 to see rated R movies by yourself, but as long as you're accompanied by someone 21 or older, you can see them at any age. When I was growing up, my parents would let me watch any rated R movies, so long as at least one of them was in the same room with me. They never let me buy any rated R stuff, but I think that's fair. It's all based on maturity as well.

What I don't like are the parents that take parental advisories and controls too far. They're called "advisories" for a reason, not "blockers". A parent should know what they're getting their kids into before they consider buying a certain game or product for their kid or kids. What peeves me off is that a vast majority of parents these days try to shield their kids from the media alltogether! Question: If the kid waits until he or she is 17 years old to be exposed to certain things, wouldn't it come a little too fast? And will that person have the right impressions about issues in the world?

If you ask me, I think the reason people are trying to ban all these violent games and stuff is because they don't understand the whole cocept of fantasy vs. reality, and what they don't understand scares them. It's fear of the unknown. All that shows me is how immature and ignorant that person is.

Oh, and for my anti-DOOM part, I wrote a persuasive essay in my English class about this whole violence in the media issue. I think you know where it goes from there. Oh no, the comments I got weren't about how trite my paper was, but how that I was never to even mention that game again, or I would be flunked for one whole six weeks.

How retarded is that?

my cousin is a pastor, and he knows i play doom and all those violent games, and he doesnt really care about that cause i told him that you go around killing hellspawn..... oh yeah, i wear my doom shirt to church functions, like the one im going to today!

I was talking about DOOM in school, my teacher heard the words "DOOM" and she said "Andy, that game is horrible." I countered with a "The main character is killing DEMONS FROM HELL TO SAVE EARTH and you say it is evil? Whats so evil about saving Earth?". She said "You kill people" I said "All the people in the game are zombies" she said "The game is evil, end of disscussion". Fuck her dude, shes an ignorant fool.

Fucking Moses on a motor scooter, that was your argument, and she couldn't come up with anything better then "The game is evil, end of discussion? Frig, my teachers have half a mind to argue against something they don't like with more than, "that's evil"...

i hate morons like that, and almost got into a flamewar with one. I forget what thread tho, but i don't really care. If you ever find it in hell, that's my unadultrated opinion. I'm too tired to write that again. Stupid religious assholes. Religion is a sham. It's been killed by science SO many times. Denounce Darwin's theory? Heh. I'd tell the whole school to fuck themselves. Those dumbasses don't even know what the fuck evolution IS.

Oh, and look at those nice "Holy" warriors over in Afghanistan. They found what every televangelist, 16th century colonist, and these people found: Loopholes that allow whatever the fuck they want. From mass destruction to robbing people blind, religion slyly backs it all.

Ok, i'm done typing.

what a fucking retarded school, i bet they teach that gays are evil and christianity is superior. anyway that is bullshit but it still happens, had that been my cd i would have hit the bitch with my god damn chair, also i would still look up evolution because it is my right, and i would never denouce my beliefs for a bunch of dogmatic ass pounders. whos cd was that of doom2, I say you put doom2 on every damn computer in that place and run it. Also dont forget to play manson music on the loud speaker and or in the parking lot

I did go to a religous school (Not by choice, i've finished school now.) , not the fucked one i was talking about, infact, theses guys are pretty easy going. some of the teachers let us play Death Metal For cryin' out loud! Hell! thay were playin' Ramstien for the school play,(I gess there not that hard core, but you know what i mean...)

I was darwing up plans for a quake map of the school for a lan party in my diry once, Some stupid girl stole it, and thought it was plans for a school massicure! For a joke, i said "Ahh, yep! Sure is!" FUCKING HELL!! She told every one in site that i was evil! The princpal herd about it, called me up, and asked me to explian, I just said, "just a Quake map sir, nothing to worry about." His reply:"Oh! My grandson likes quake!" we talked for a wile, till he said: "So your just joking eh? well off you go." HA! I herd somone form another school got expeled for doing the same thing! I got of relly easy...

yea i have been questioned about makeing quake/half-life maps in school. However i go to a public school, hell yes, so there is not as much doom, game, rock hateing going around. honestly i am getting collectors doom soon, hell yea. I may own doom but this will be strickly a collectors item for me