Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitguolf

Who was the first ID customer who BOUGHT DooM?

Here, in spain, DooM was never released. DooM II was released, and then, Final DooM. But not DooM 1. But DooM was shareware...

Only Id holds the answer...

They must have that in a log... but who know if it has been tossed ?

Melfice said:

Never speak the name of the father of sin.

I bet you're using Windows, and possibly even Internet Explorer to post here.

/me peeks head into room, invokes WILLIAM MULL by name by repeating it 3 times ... "WILLIAM MULL WILLIAM MULL WILLIAM MULL" ... and runs off to leave those still remaining here to deal with him

chubberz said:

Bill Gates.

If he was, there would be probably Doom instead of Minesweeper and Solitair on Windows CD's.

That reminds me: Cybersweeper cooming with Eternal Doom was a nice idea.

LogicDeLuxe said:

If he was, there would be probably Doom instead of Minesweeper and Solitair on Windows CD's.

That reminds me: Cybersweeper cooming with Eternal Doom was a nice idea.

LOL

Great idea! :D

Ultraviolet said:

I bet you're using Windows, and possibly even Internet Explorer to post here.

Yes, just like Jews in Nazi germany were using concentration camps.

</godwin>

Yes, just like Jews in Nazi germany were using concentration camps.

Wow, just when I think it's impossible to trivialize Nazi Germany any more, someone goes ahead and raises it up yet another level.

Political incorrect? We're talking about about choice of operating systems--CHOICE mind you, I can buy a Mac or install Linux any time I want--being compared to people being taken from their homes and placed in camps 'til they died!!!

You know, I can't even put my anger and frustration into words here. What a goddamn shame that one of the sadder things in recent history has been reduced to jokes and "comparisons". I can't wait to see how 9/11 is treated in 50 years. Shame on you dude.

why would you want to know?

Grimm said:

I can't wait to see how 9/11 is treated in 50 years. Shame on you dude.

isn't 9/11 already being joked about?

I would like to know also. It's just another part of DOOM-worship or sentimental fandom or something. :)

mje said:

I would like to know also. It's just another part of DOOM-worship or sentimental fandom or something. :)

Yeah but right now im busy absorbing doom3 info rather then Classic DOOM info. Probably why I don't care

Funny that you should mention that. The past couple of days, I've been realizing that I've put WAY too much energy and focus into anticipating DOOM 3's release. I need to just chill out and let it hit me when it actually is released.

mje said:

Funny that you should mention that. The past couple of days, I've been realizing that I've put WAY too much energy and focus into anticipating DOOM 3's release. I need to just chill out and let it hit me when it actually is released.

I've read some old remarks about doom before it was released. One looked like it was written by a phsyco saying thing's like "I MUST ABSORB EVERY BIT OF DOOM INFO I CAN GET" and something about deathmatching in REAL LIFE. Yeah its better to chill out and waste your energy on partying when it's released

Last semester, I built this semester's class schedule around the release of DOOM 3. It is a pretty customized schedule. For a while, it was seriously looking like it wouldn't even be released until summer, but now it's kind of looking like maybe Mayish and with luck, April (interpreting Carmack's "shipping really soon" quote). I'm glad that at least for that period of time, I was into the anticipation enough to schedule that way - easiest semester ever!

Grimm said:

Political incorrect? We're talking about about choice of operating systems--CHOICE mind you, I can buy a Mac or install Linux any time I want--being compared to people being taken from their homes and placed in camps 'til they died!!!

I dunno, I'd say its a safe comparison. Sure you can try to flee the country (buy an Apple), or try to hide under someone's floor (use Linux), but chances are you'll be sent to the Auschwitz (Windows).

Personally, I can't understand Linux one bit (it was made for programers obviously), and Apples hate me just as much as PCs do.

And whats with this political corectness over death camps. It's been 50 years. Get off the jewtrain.

Danarchy said:

I dunno, I'd say its a safe comparison. Sure you can try to flee the country (buy an Apple), or try to hide under someone's floor (use Linux), but chances are you'll be sent to the Auschwitz (Windows).

Personally, I can't understand Linux one bit (it was made for programers obviously), and Apples hate me just as much as PCs do.

And whats with this political corectness over death camps. It's been 50 years. Get off the jewtrain.

I rarely ever post this, and this isn't the funniest thing I've read in a while, but it is indeed worthy of --

lol

Funny. :)

Obviously Windows may be bad but its definately more superior then Linux and teh Mac

Hundreds of people I might beleive, the night it was supposed to be availible, people who had registered the share ware, and had internet were waiting for the server to upload the thing. I was there.