Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiablO2

what DOOM III weapon or monster are you looking for ward to the most?

I was originally gonna say CyberDemon, but being completely freaked by spiders, I was thinking, I would probably want to see if the spider master mind or trite would get me creeped. The weapon I am looking forward to would probably be the plasma gun, plasma weapons in games always seem to rock!

I always enjoyed blasting enemies with the shotgun, so that will probably be my weapon of choice. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the bosses as well. Hopefully my heart will start pounding like it did in 1996 when I first faced the cyberdemon.
Keep in mind that I did not play doom until 1996 (it didn't take me 3 years to get to him!).

Shotgun for me too, now for the mobs I'd say the Commander Keen...j/k, probably the Cacodemon because they looked really nasty while dying

Cupid baby, blowing its head off with a shotgun.
Pinky, blowing its legs off with a rocket launcher.
CyberDemon, blowing up.

Monsters:
Of those we have seen:

• Revenant
  • Birdman
  • Trites
else:
  • Cacodemon
  • Cyberdemon
  • Baron of hell
Weapons
Of those we have seen:
  • Rocket Launcher
  • Plasma Rifle
  • Grenades
else:
  • Chaingun
  • BFG
  • Soul Cube

If the damage models allow us to rip chunks out of our enemies or disembowel them, I will be a happy monkey. It'd also be nice to be able to grapple with some zombies and hurl them down large shafts, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask.

Numbermind said:

If the damage models allow us to rip chunks out of our enemies or disembowel them, I will be a happy monkey. It'd also be nice to be able to grapple with some zombies and hurl them down large shafts, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask.

It will use damage decals, but I haven't heard id state that the polygonal shape will be able to be destructable (like the terrain in Farcry). I'm looking forward to the Pinky, fat zombie and the shotgun. The caco and cyber in terms of the monsters we haven't seen.

The new Rocket Launcher looks amazing. Since it hold only 5 rounds I hope it's powerfull as powerfull as the original Doom rocket launcher.

But the new shotgun looks pretty bad IMO. I hope that's not the final art of it :\

As for monsters I'd say, Cyber Demon :). I really wana see what the new one looks like.....

Im looking forward to the Cyberdemon!

I hope there is going to be gibbing like in quake, when you shoot thier arms a chunk comes out if you hit it right. Hmmm i don't like what they are doing at the moment though, the texture holes (When you shoot something it has the hole on its body) I really don't like that. I want gibbing not as much as quake ]I[ (That was unrealistic) but around the ammount of Quake I. Does anyone else agree?

I'm looking forward to giving all the monsters a good kicking but i think the cyberdemon and the birdman are on top of the priority list.

I'm not sure wether the birdman will be in the game at all: It was seen in those really old sequences from Carmack's Engine Presentation. It doesn't appear on any new footage.

when you say birdman, you mean the baby with wings right? i think it will still be in the game, there just not showing any new footage of it because it's new.

No, I don't mean the "cherub" (as the baby was called by Willits). I was talking about the monster from the Mac-presentation 2002 (or was it 2001?). A blue, spiky creature attacking. It was first refered to as the new imp (before the actual new imp was revealed). Now it is widely known as the birdman, I think, but I seriously doubt that it survived the pre-alpha-stage.

ohhhh yeah, I remember that. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I don't think it will be in the final game either. When I first saw the birdman, I thought it was the new imp.

Why is everyone thinking Birdman won´t be in the final game? Just because he only showed up in the earliest screenshots? Chances are 50/50 really, since id just has shown us a small percentage of the monsters that will be in the game.

And Birdman isn´t blue btw, it´s just blue lighting ;) He has a pale brown skin.

Oh, to come back to the topic: The Cyberdemon, definately!!!
I was so scared when fighting this guy for the first time at a friend's PC. I wanna be scared again. I don't need Pain Elemental, Cacodemon and co. if only the Cyberdemon is in. (Cacodemon and Pain Elemental would be nice, anyway)

I really wanna see what they have done with the archvile, he was my all time evil nemesis. Plus the cyberdemon and spider mastermind would be great also. Not too fussed what the weapons are like, i prefer the cast rather than the equipment.

Cacodemon and Shotgun. Does anyone know if they have put the double barreled shotgun in DooM 3?

Excellent!!! Post number 2, now for three . . .

Later,

Erik the Bruce

Lectrix, they've already showed the new archvile, it looks nothing like the old one. If you've ever seen the movie Species, it reminds me a lot of the monster in that one.

DaJuice said:

Lectrix, they've already showed the new archvile, it looks nothing like the old one.

Oh come on, it's still tall and thin ;-P

Look for it in DW's own screenshot section.