Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kurisu

Textures not lineing up right in Doom Builder, help?

With Doom Builder 1.53 build 223, I noted that under 3D mode, some times the texture can look lined up fine. But when you play the wad it shows the texture is really off, either by a little or by a whole lot. This has become an overly annoying prob for me. It doesn’t happen all the time, just on specific things some of the time.

Like for Example. I got this fake door texture that’s on one of my walls. It’s lined up fine on the grid, and with the last version of Doom Builder everything was lined up fine. But now I find it along with some more bigger things like some of the new stuff I added the textures are completely off. But still they appear lined up fine in Doom Builder’s 3D mode.

Here’s a screen shot of my door. Left shows it in 3D mode, right shows it in game. Along with how it’s set up in DB

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kurfiles/mislined.gif

I don’t know if this is a bug in this ver of DB or what. I just thought I’d bring it forward as I don’t know if anyone else has complained about this yet.
Right now I’d really like to know another way to line textures up.. I grow tired of moving the texture.. playing the wad.. moving it again.. repeating over and over till it’s right X.x

Forgive me if this was brought up before..

Tell me what engine do you use and upload the WAD file for me. Put the 3D Mode Start thing at the place where I have to look.

I found I had this same problem yesterday.
In my doom(in hexen format) map I have some textures that while in 3d mode are lined up, but in the game they are off by 1 or 2 pixels. For the textures I am using, it is very noticable.
I use zdoom 2.0.63

Okay I sent the wad. it uses Doom Legacy to run. I did manage to fix the door in the screen shot by moving it around, centering it to 0,0 (witch it is in the screen shot but still was mis-lined) moveing it again and centering it and it finaly displayed right in game.. O.o

Onw of my real doors tho this didn't work and is still mis-lined, but not by much.

I really hope that if this is a bug that it gets fixed. I get this prob in almost every wad I make..

Oe of the bigger ones was in my back to school wad where I had some 8 sided bushes that showed the texture was lined up fine but in game that were compleatly off. I ended up having to delete ti and keep the bushes as objects -.-

The door in the WAD file you sent me (where you placed the 3D Start) looks perfect in DB as well as in ZDoom and Legacy 1.41. My Legacy may be outdated, but I think DB aligns fine according to the original doom2.exe.

It don't to me.. it's off even if just a little bit..

and once again my big door is mis-lined and I didn't even touch it >.< This is becomeing extreamly annoying..

Try using different nodebuilders. I noticed your WAD had some crappy BSP tree in it when I walked around in 3D mode (some parts of sectors suddenly disappeared and reappeared and flickered).

This happened to me, and I realised that the nodebuilder had been switched to zdbsp. I switched it to Zennode and havnt had a problem since. In fact the strange thing was that the lindefs that had the problem were whole, just a flat line with no verteces interrupting the texture. Now how could a texture be fragmented if there are no intersections? Next time this happens to me Ill save a screenshot (it might happen still with zennode, but it hasnt yet).

me and iori were talking about this at newdoom for awhile.

if you switch your default nodebuilder to zennode it will fix the problem. somebody told me that zennode was the default nodebuilder in all previouse versions of doombuilder, but the new one uses zdbsp as default. so it would seem zdbsp has a bug.

I have just released my project DooM ForeveR and I had the same problem. I even included this in the bugs section of my text file. I posted without reading the replies to this thread, but has anyone solved this problem? Sor far the textures offsets have looked off in just about every sourceport for the given wad with text. errors. Could it be that with so many offsets and too many textures within a wad, the ports even can't handle the load after a number of linedefs?
Someone reply if this makes sense.

just another thought : sometimes (but not everytime) I could fix this by somewhat fooling builder. I would go to the line giving problems. change it to something random, save the map. exit program.
reload builder and change the texture back. then saved and loaded the wad. sometimes this worked. and incase anyone mentioned it: ther is no way to toy with the offsets to even try to rig them into position(after finding out in builder that they appear fine).

Good rule when writing in forums: if you're thinking of writing something that would have gotten you punched in the face were you talking to someone in real life (as you no doubt would be if you told someone who's trying to help you to "fudge off"), don't write it.

lol. don't take me seriously. after all, we are discussing "doom". and i just like saying "fudge off".

Now that the thread is bumped I might as well ask a question as this same problem appeared once to me too.

So, how do I change the nodebuilder. I have a map with 18000 sidedefs made for Zdoom and I would like to use Zennode if it's better. But when I try to change it it just makes an error (I don't remember the error exactly right now) and the nodes won't be built. So is zennode not compatible with some Zdoom features or what could be the matter?