Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OCcsdude

DOOM vs. Super Mario Bros. 3...VOTE

Bah, they're makin you login to vote now. And they refuse to let me register. Screw that.

Damn it's close.

I voted for doom despite the fact that SMB3 was one of the first games that got me into playing games.

Grimm said:

Did I mention this Gamespy fight thing is retarded?

fight thing

Okay, yeah, but it is still fun for some reason.

Vote for Doom Dammit!

Sure it may be a wacky (or whatever thing to those who are dont care any more) little thingie, but Doom and its fans have a legacy to uphold.

Now I'm a mario fan myself, but seriously, do you want to see it be beaten by a fat plumber with his asscrack showing? I think not!

Go and show your support. Show these people what we've been creating wads, making websites, fighting and yelling at each other, and most importantly still playing a ten year old PC game for.

Doom Dammit!

VOTE I SAY!

Half-Life is going to kill Doom, unfortunately. If only from all the n00bs who play it for Counterstrike and stuff and haven't ever touched Doom. Still, Doom definitely has to become a finalist.

Hmmm, as things stand now, DOOM has some 4000 votes going for it, while Half-Life has 5000. If the two get to the finals, I guess that DOOM will need a thousand more votes to kick Half-Life's ass...

It's good that Gamespy has required the voters to login, because Diablo II and Halo were being severely pimped by their respective fansites; they each got over 15000 votes. So now DOOM has a chance again!

Even going to the semi-finals is a great feat for a game ten years older than the other semi-finalists :)

Heh, Doom's winning by like 80 votes right now.

Oh yeah, and Half-Life is boring, btw.

What in the FUCK is this insane shit? Doom's just got so many more cooler things in it... Like being able to be edited in ANY way. The most you can do in SMB3 is change the GFX on screen and you can only do that with NESTicle, and then look at how much you can do with the Doom engine - for instance, if I wanted to, I could make Doom into Everquest (but I'm too god damn lazy to) and I can make SMB3 into.......SMB3. I mean, where's the competition?

Well, for once Doom is the newer game here, so it's the reverse of the normal comparisons. Yes, Doom is more technologically advanced, with more realistic graphics and sounds, but which game had the greater impact on gaming generally? Which was better in its time? Which remains more fun (if you don't equate graphical/other technological advances with fun)?

I'd say Doom on all counts, as would most of us here I suspect, but the comparison isn't absurd.

But like, what if I actually like SMB3 more than Doom?

Not that I would ever allow such blasphemy on this forum of course, but just for argument's sake...

Well, there are some games that I'd put before Doom, but none of them have survived to the final votings, SMB3 is one of my favorites though. Zelda on SNES could be one game I enjoyed more when I played through it the first time and Castlevania IV another to name a couple.

Half-life will propably win in the end and most will vote for it just because of cs, bah. Doom is a lot better game than Half-life in nearly every way, so that really sucks. And there are more people that have played Half-life than Doom, or at least there are now, so it's pretty unfair. Doom and SMB3 are on quite equal positions, because roughly the same amount of people have played it and they are about as old.

Well, DOOM is still out front by about 50 votes. It's a bit more than 5 hours from now, when the polls will be closed! DOOM has had an advantage of 50 for a very long time now, let's just hope it remains that way for a short time!

As for Half-Life, well... we'll see.

Doom is only up with 15 votes and 2½ hours to go!
[edit]Only 1 now! :/[/edit]

It's 90 minutes and counting, and SMB3 is creeping up to dangerous height! DOOM is a meager 7 votes up! So you must vote NOW!

If you care, that is.

EDIT: 7 VOTES BEHIND!!!